EIGHTY-FIVE

"I bet he's going to turn you down,"

"Then you should just immediately throw in the towel because you're gonna lose this bet,"

Tony Stark decided that one of his favorite sounds in the entire universe was the sound of his best friend, of Charlotte Watson, laughing. The walked together through the main floor of the Avengers Compound, bright smiles on their faces.

It had been just a few days since the events of the night of Peter Parker's homecoming dance. After the fiasco that was cleaning up that mess, Lottie and Tony could both happily say that they were doing a lot better then they had been in the last two months. They couldn't even deny that the therapy was helpful, either.

Upheld, they could spot Happy and Peter standing near the windows, watching as one of their quinjets took off into the sky.

"Oh, there you are!" Tony announced, grinning at Peter and him and Lottie came to a stop beside him. He turned to Happy. "Give us a minute with the kid?"

"Seriously?"

"Happy, you can walk behind us," Lottie threw in, gaining a huff out of the man as Tony threw an arm over Peter's shoulders, walking down the hallway with Lottie on the boy's otherside.

"Sorry I took your suit. I mean, you had it coming. Actually, it turns out it was the perfect sort of tough-love moment that you needed, right? To urge you on, right? Wouldn't you think? Don't you think?"

Peter looked up at Lottie, who nodded her head, and he quickly agreed with Tony.

"Yeah, yeah I guess so,"

"Let's just say it was," Tony told him, waving his hand. "Look, ou screwed the pooch hard. Big time. But then you did the right thing. Took the dog to the free clinic, you raised the hybrid puppies... All right, not my best analogy...I was wrong about you. I think, with a little more mentoring, you could be a real asset to the team."

"Wh- what team?"

"How many superhero teams do you know, Pete?" Lottie teased as her and Tony stopped in front of the glass wall, knowing what was sitting behind it. Peter's eyes widened at her comment as Tony stepped in once again.

"There's about fifty reporters behind that door. Real ones, not bloggers. And when you're ready, why don't you try that on?" the secret compartment hidden behind the glass opened behind them, revealing the Iron Spider suit, one that Tony and Lottie had worked extensively on over the last two months in case the time ever came. "Then, I'll introduce the world to the newest member of the Avengers: Spider-Man."

Peter sputtered, stumbling over his words as he walked up to his suit, admiring the intricacies of it. Lottie stood with a proud smile, watching the young boy as Tony turned back to Happy.

"So, after the press conference, Happy will show you to your room, your new quarters. Where's he between? He's next to Vision?"

"Yeah, he's not big on doors...or walls,"