FIFTY-FIVE

"SHIT!"

"SHIT!"

Tony Stark shook his head for a second, shaking off the after effects of running into the force field that surrounded the HYDRA base deep in the heart of Sokovia. He narrowed his eyes, Jarvis scanning over the building to try and find a way inside.

"Language! JARVIS, what's the view from upstairs?"

On the back of his bike, Steve Rogers weaved his way in and out of the snow covered tree line. He maneuvered his way on the ground toward Strucker's laboratory, every once and a while throwing his shield to knock out an incoming HYDRA agent.

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken,"

"Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last," Thor called out over the comms, earning an eye-roll from Natasha and Clint across the field.

"I think we lost the element of surprise," Clint reminded them, all while fending off multiple attacks from HYDRA agents alongside Natasha.

"Wait a second. No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said 'language'?"

Steve rolled his eyes, coming to a stop as he saw agents approaching him from the front on a truck. Grabbing onto the handles of his bike, he flipped it over his head, watching as it collided with the truck and took the agents down.

Going to reply back to Tony, Steve stopped in his tracks as he heard the unmistakable sound of a HYDRA weapon loading. He turned, ready to grab his shield and deflect the attack, only for a woman to land between him and the agent.

The HYDRA agent's blast bounced off the blue force field that materialized in front of the woman before Steve. The blast ricocheted back to hit the agent himself as the woman moved forward, force field dissipating as her other arm came up, the device that ran along her wrist shooting a blast of energy at the final agent, knocking them both to the ground.

"Don't worry, T, you know I'll make fun of him for it,"

Steve Rogers rolled his eyes, though a fond smile sat on his lips as Charlotte Watson turned around, sending him a wink through the slots of her mask. Lottie swiped her hands through the air, the devices that closely resembled the hand structures of the Iron Man suit disappearing back into the bracelets that sat on her wrists as she joined Steve's side.

"I can bet you anything that I will inevitably make fun of him for it more,"

"We are not making a bet on this right now,"

"Guys, it just slipped out," Steve's plea did nothing, only gaining him a laugh and a bump of the shoulder from the love of his life. He stole another look at Lottie's new devices before calling out to Tony. "Blasters and force field are working perfectly, by the way."