NINETY-THREE

Everything is going to work

Everything is going to work. You're going to get through this, you're going to win, and you're going to go home. You're going to go back to Steve. Everyone is going to be just fine, no one is going to get hurt. You're going to win.

It was the mantra that was constantly running through Lottie's head over and over again as she stood in place with Tony at her side, waiting for the signal from Doctor Strange.

Titan was quiet as a portal opened in the middle of the planet, right in front of where Strange was currently sitting. Lottie felt her breath hitch as Thanos finally stepped out of it, standing before them in the flesh. Her blood ran cold as she zoomed in on the gauntlet: he already had four stones.

"You gotta relax," Tony whispered to her, his armored hand coming to rest on her shoulder. "He doesn't have Vision's stone yet."

Lottie nodded, trying to push the negative thoughts out of her mind and instead focused on the conversation between Strange and Thanos.

"You may regret that. He brought you face-to-face with the Master of the Mystic Arts,"

"And where do you think he brought you?" even Thanos' voice sent chills through Lottie.

"Let me guess: your home?"

"Yes, and it was beautiful," the reality stone glowed on the gauntlet as the scene around them changed in an instant. Instead of the dead, barren wasteland that had become of Titan was brought back to it's original glory, even if it was just a mirage. "Titan was like most planets. Too many mouths, and not enough to go around. And when we faced extinction, I offered a solution."

"Genocide,"

"But at random, dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike. They called me a madman. And what I predicted came to pass," Thanos let go of the image, Titan returning to the destruction that it was now.

"Congratulations," Strange sneered sarcastically. "You're a prophet who wants to murder trillions."

"With all six stones, I could simply snap my fingers, and they would all cease to exist. I call that...mercy," Thanos took a look around at Titan. "Then, I finally rest... and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe. The hardest choices require the strongest wills."

"I think... you'll find... our will... equal to yours,"

Strange stood on his feet, banging his forearms together as the familiar golden rings appeared around his forearms, the golden shields appearing in front of his fists. Thanos looked up to him.

"Our?"

On cue, Tony and Lottie both activated their jets boots as they propelled the large piece of debris toward the ground. Thanos looked up at the last second as they dropped the debris on him, quickly flying away knowing that it wasn't going to hold for long.

"Piece of cake, Quill!"

"Yeah, if your goal was to piss him off!"

The wreckage on top of Thanos was blow to pieces, glowing purple as Thanos quickly channeled the reality stone, the pieces turning into a swarm of bats as they attacked Tony, sending him flying back.