SEVENTY-FIVE

"They're most elite death squad

"They're most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in HYDRA history. And that was before the serum," Bucky spoke as Steve released him from the vice.

"The doctor, could he control them?" Lottie asked.

"Enough,"

"He said he wanted to see an empire fall," Steve spoke once more, looking between Lottie and Sam.

"With these guys he could do it," Bucky interjected, nervously fidgeting in his place at just the thought of them. "They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight, infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize, They can take a whole country down in one night. You'd never see them coming."

"Pretty sure we have one of those, too, and it's the brunette standing right here," Sam called out, turning to speak to Lottie and Steve alone as the woman rolled her eyes. "You know, this would've been a lot easier a week ago."

"If we call Tony-"

"He won't believe us, trust me," Lottie told them with a shake of her head. "Even if he did, there's no saying if the accords would even let him help."

"We're on our own,"

"Maybe not," Sam shot back at Steve, looking between his two friends. "I know a guy."

"Team on their way?"

Charlotte Watson looked up from her phone, placing it into her back pocket as Steve approached her. She gave him a little smile, nodding her head as she leaned against the trunk of the old car that Steve had found for their 'getaway'.

"Clint said him and Wanda are on their way with the new recruit," she told him, taking his hand in hers. "I still can't believe we dragged him out of retirement."

"We need the help,"

"But at what cost?" Lottie looked up into her fiance's eyes, sighing as she stepped closer to him. "I know that we're doing the right thing. We're clearing Bucky's name and we're finding the man responsible for this, but at what cost? These accords, this entire situation...we're tearing the team apart."

"They already did that when they signed," Steve's hand took Lottie's, bringing it to his lips as he kissed the ring that sat on her finger. "I don't want to make you do this, doll. If you have any doubts, then I'm not going to make you go through with this."

"I knew the day that I followed you into Azzano with no care in the world to bring back the 107th that I would follow you anywhere," her voice came out quiet as he hand snaked it's way to his face, holding his cheek gently. "We're in this together, all of us. I'm with you till the end of the line, Steve."