BONUS: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"

SET BETWEEN WINTER SOLDIER AND AOU

"You said Capsicle gets in from the mission at seven, yes? We've worked too hard, I don't want all of this-"

"T, we're going to be just fine. Trust me,"

The Fourth of July held a special meaning to all of America. It was their day to celebrate independence from Britain. Everyone ran about, grilling up hot dogs and hamburgers and lounging by the pool while other set of groups of fireworks around the country in celebration.

To Charlotte Watson, the fourth of July was the day to celebrate the love of her life, her best friend, being born in 1918.

It was the early afternoon of the fourth of July, and Steve Rogers had unfortunately been sent on a week long mission on his own to Australia. He had tried to persuade the team to let Lottie come along, but she had declined and sent him on his way. She would've taken up the chance for the mission/vacation with her boyfriend if it wasn't for the fact that her and Tony had already come up with an entire plan for his surprise party the second he got back to the tower.

"Romanoff and Banner are in charge of picking up the cake," Tony read down the list as they walked through the common room of the tower, both Natasha and Bruce walking past them toward the elevator to leave. "I'm still pissed you wouldn't let me order a cake shaped in the likeliness of Rogers' ass."

"As much as I would've enjoyed that, I don't think that Steve would've taken a liking to that," Lottie shot back at her best friend, plucking the list from his hands. "Alright, so Clint and Thor are working on the decor...that will definitely go well. Pepper is confirming the guest list while we keep everything in order, so that just leaves the music and games-"

"Which you can entrust with me," Sam Wilson turned the corner, grinning at the pair as he stopped before them. "Trust me, I'll play all the oldies mixed with a little modern flare for the Cap."

"I wouldn't want anyone else doing it, Sam,"

Tony and Lottie were left to stand in the middle of the living room together as Sam walked away. Thor and Clint had a group of agents behind them, walking about with boxes of decor in their hands in order to get started with the decorating.

"Alright, I'm going to head upstairs and check with Pepper on the guest list," Tony called out to his best friend as he headed toward the elevator, looking back for just a second with a smirk on his lips. "Oh! I ordered a giant statue of the capsicle by the way! It'll be here at six! I told them to put extra emphasis on the ass!"

"...of course you did,"

◼ ◼ ◼

Steve Rogers let out a sigh as he stepped off the quinjet on the roof of the tower. He waved goodbye to the agents in the jet as they unloaded it, tossing his duffel bag over his shoulder as he moved into the elevator, hitting the familiar number for his and Lottie's floor.