Date

'Relax, Crowley. You've done this plenty of times.' Crowley tried to slow down his racing heart. He had asked Aziraphale to the Ritz this morning and the angel obviously said yes, but a little differently. "It's a date then." His response rang in the demon's head.

Never in his wildest dreams would he have thought his love would be reciprocated. 'A date.' Just the word gave him butterflies.

Slowing the Bentley, he parked outside the little shop. He glanced at himself in his rear-view mirror. He threaded his fingers through his hair. Why was he so nervous? He gathered his bearings and opened the car door.

-------

Azi slammed the phone back onto it's receiver. His face flushed red as his own words echoed in his head, "It's a date then."

"Shit. Shit. Shit! Why did I say that?!" To be honest, he wasn't thinking at all. The words just tumbled right out of his mouth.

Feeling foolish, he checked his watch. He had five hours until their 'date'. He prayed that Crowley and him would both forget his reply. 'If not, I just ruined a 6000 year old friendship.'

-------

The tense silence between the two was drowned out by the soft chattering among other tables. Both were downing their wine as if that was the last of it on Earth. By the time they both finished off their sixth glass, Crowley had the courage to speak.

"Nice weather outside." He flushed in embarrassment as Azi snorted.

"It's anything, but nice my dear." Another rumble of thunder reminded them of the storm going on outside.

Silence settled between the two once again. Both downed another glass.

"So..... This is a date then?" Crowley made another jab at conversation.

Aziraphale averted his eyes. "I was hoping you would've forgotten about it."

"Well, is it?"

"I hope so, but if it'll ruin our friendship, then no." Azi fiddled with his ring.

"I'll take that as a yes then," Crowley stood up.

"Is there something wrong? Did I offend you?" Azi's heart sank.

"What? No you idiot! I was gonna confess my love to you." Crowley glared at the angel for cutting him off.

"Stop teasing me, Crowley." Azi huffed, glaring back at the demon for making fun of him.

"I'm not. Just shut up for a second!" Crowley snapped. Waiting a second to continue, loudly he spoke to his angel. "Aziraphale. My best friend. My partner in crime," Azi scoffed at this. "My love. I have always wanted to do this and I thought it would remain a dream." He kneeled, taking Azi's hand in his, a rose appearing from nowhere. "Will you be my boyfriend?"

"Of course, my dear." He smiled widely, as he pulled Crowley in for a kiss.