Why Can't You Love Me?(The Hargreeves Family)

A/N: HEY GUYS! Really sorry for not updating last week so here's a special treat! I know this wasn't part of the list but I suddenly had a jolt of ideas rush into me, thus, this story was born! Anyway, I hope you guys like it and have a great day! Also would like to say thank you from the very bottom of my heart for all the reads, votes and comments, they really make my day! 

Hanahaki Disease AU

The Hanahaki Disease is an illness, where the patient's throat will with flower, they will then proceed to throw, and the petals, (sometimes even the flowers). One of the only ways for the disease to 'disappear' is if, the said person returns the feeling (it can't be resolved with friendship, it has to be genuine feelings of love). The infection can also be removed through surgery, though the feelings disappear along with the petals. If they choose options, or the feeling is not returned in time, then the patient's lungs will fill up with flowers, and will eventually . 

There is no specific flower for the disease, but it'll either be the crushes favourite type of flower, or their favourite colour. We can only hope for the patients, and pray that the crushes favourite flower isn't a type of rose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why couldn't he love you?

Why?

He was your best friend. 

Your everything. 

But he chose her instead. 

You knew it was going to happen, you told yourself it was going to, but your fragile heart didn't believe it. Until of course, you saw him, with her, kissing under the spot that was supposed to be reserved only for the two of you. 

I guess, that was where it all started, your heart clenched in pain as you struggled to breath, resulting you to cough out your first (random colour) petal. It flew out of your mouth and descended onto your hand. 

You stare at the petal in shock and it took a few long seconds of realisation before you started to run, back to your adopted family, The Hargreeves. They knew what to do, they always do. 

Arriving at the front door, you heaved heavily before opening the door, desperately trying to find your siblings only to find them in the kitchen, casually eating lunch. Luther was the first to notice, he came straight to you, ignoring his other siblings as you had another coughing fit.

That was when the other siblings took notice and quickly crowded you, trying to figure out what was wrong. 

"What's wrong with her?" 

"I don't know." 

"Well you better start using that head of yours or else." 

"Or else what? Huh? You gonna punch me?" 

"Guys. Stop. That's not helping." 

"Sorry." You coughed out, " I'm fine." You mumbled as you tried to hide the petals from your siblings, completely abandoning your plan on asking your siblings to help. But unfortunately, Vanya took notice of the petals and asked where they came from and so you lied. 

"I carried them from the park. They looked really pretty." 

"But they're (random colour)." 

"Yeah and?" 

"You like (favourite colour)." 

"Look guys. Just drop it okay? I'm fine." You stated before heading towards your room, locking it before proceeding to throw the petals that just kept on coming.