When He Sees Me(Number 6/Ben Hargreeves)

A/N: Once again thank you for everything! Here is the second imagines for today! I hope you like it!

Inspired by: When He Sees Me from The Waitress Musical! Feel free to sing along/blast the music while you read! 

You worked at a cafe that located near your house and you were pretty much an ordinary girl that followed a very ordinary schedule.

Today was no different.

You had woken up and began another day at work. Everything was normal, until Of course, this handsome amazing looking Asian boy came into your cafe.

You were tasked to order their table and you did so reluctantly as it was your job as a waitress.

"Wow. You look beautifu-" The Asian boy mumbled out before the other black haired boy hit him hard on the backside of his head.

"Careful there tiger. You just saw her." He reminded as the Asian boy blushed in embarrassment, which you found adorable.

"What would you guys like?" You asked as the two boys glanced at the menu before ordering. You took their orders down and walked back to the counter to find your two friends, (Random Name) and (Another Random Name), their faces filled with curiosity.

"Who's the boy?"

"The boy?" You asked confused as they pointed at the table you had finished serving. 

"Yeah. The Asian one. With the other guy."

"Oh you mean him."

"Yeah him. So, what's the deal?" (Random Name) smirked, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

"There is no deal."

"You can't be serious (Y/N)."

"I'm dead serious, there's nothing going on between us." You said as (Another Random Name) raises her eyebrow in interest.

"You might want to try dating (Y/N)." (Random Name) suggested as you glared at her.

"I don't think so."

"Why not?"

"I stick with real things. Usually facts and figures. When information's in its place. I minimise the guessing game." You stated as you began to arrange the ketchup and the mustard to a neat position.

"Guess what?"

"What?" (Random name) and (Another Random name) asked confused as you looked at them.

"I don't like guessing games or when I feel things before I know the feelings, how am I supposed to operate. If I'm just tossed around by fate?" You asked as your friends shrugged.

"Like on an unexpected date?" You pointed out as they rolled their eyes.

"With a stranger who might talk too fast!"

"Um-"

"Or ask me questions about myself before I've decided that he can ask me questions about myself, he might sit too close!"

"Wow. That's-"

"Or call the waiter by his first name." You cut off and before (Random Name) could talk you cut her off again:

"Or eat Oreos but eat the cookie before the cream?"

"Wow that's very specific-"

"But what scares me the most what scares me the most. Is what if when he sees me, what if he doesn't like it?" You asked as your friends rolled their eyes once again at your obvious insecurity.

"He'll love you (Y/N)." (Random Name) reminded as you shook your head.

"But you don't know that. What if he runs the other way and I can't hide from it? What happens then? If when he knows me, he's only disappointed?"

"You're being over dramatic."

"What if I give myself away, to only get it given back?"

"I couldn't live with that. So, I'm just fine, inside my shell-shaped mind, this way I get the best view. So That when he sees me, I want him to."

"(Y/N). Are you sure you're not being, I don't know, maybe just a tad bit-"

"I'm not defensive!"

"I'm simply being cautious, I can't risk reckless dating due to my miscalculating
while a certain suitor stands in line." You replied as the other two looked at each other in confusion.

"I've seen in movies, most made for television. You cannot be too careful when it comes to sharing your life." You continued as you crossed your arms.

"Um-"

"I could end up a miserable wife!" You shouted as the customers looked at you in confusion.

"Sorry!" You mumbled out as the customers went back to doing what they were doing before.

"But he could be criminal, some sort of psychopath who escaped from an institution, somewhere where they don't have girls. He could have masterminded some way to find me." You stated as (Random Name) laughed.

"Again,a very specific situation./I'm pretty sure he's not a criminal-"

"He could be colourblind, How untrustworthy is that?!"

"I don't think that's untrustworthy-"

"He could be less than kind or even worse he could be very nice, have lovely eyes
And make me laugh, come out of hiding. What do I do with that?" You asked as (Random Name) opened her mouth to talk for you to only continue:

"Oh, God, What if when he sees me, I like him and he knows it? What if he opens up a door and I can't close it?" 

"That won't happen-" (Random Name) stated as you stare at her. 

"What happens then? If when he holds me my heart is set in motion, I'm not prepared for that I'm scared of breaking open!" You replied as (Another Random Name) sighed.

"But still I can't help from hoping!" You continued as you placed your arms on the counter table.

"To find, someone to talk to, who likes the way I am." You smiled as you saw the boy from earlier walking into the cafe, a handsome smile on his face as he walked towards a table to sit down.

"Someone who when he sees me wants to again!" You smiled as you walked towards the table, your back straight, pen and paper in hand, ready for your job.

"Welcome to the cafe! What can I get you?" You asked as the boy smiled the most gorgeous smile you have ever seen.

"How about a carrot cake and maybe you and me could share a (favourite cake) together?" He asked hopeful, his eyes shining with happiness as you smiled before glancing back to look at your two friends who were motioning you to join him.

"I'll get right back with that order. Hold on a moment." You answered as you walked back to the counter and your two friends help you get what you needed.

"Is my hair okay?"

"Your hair is fine! Just go already! He's waiting!" (Random Name) said as she pushed you towards the table, you placed down the two cakes and cautiously took a seat in front of him.

"Hi."

"Hey."

"Um. I'm Ben." He smiled as he extended his right hand towards you. You glanced at your friends and you saw them motioning for you to shake his hand, each of them doing a very large gesture to prove their point.

You shook his hand and awkwardly smiled:

"I'm (Y/N)."

"Beautiful name." Ben stated as you blushed, moving your hand back to your lap and silence ensued after that.

"Um. So what are your hobbies?"

"Oh. My hobbies are reading, (other list of hobb-"

"Wait you like reading?!" He asked excitedly as you blushed in embarrassment:

"I'm so sorry, that must sound super nerdy and-"

"What are you talking about? I love reading! All my other siblings make fun of me for it."

"Wait really?" You asked as he nodded, happy that he had found someone with similar interests as he does.

"What's your favourite book?"

"Oh. My favourite book is (favourite book)."

"That one's amazing! I read it a few days ago and I found that their character development was amazing!"

"I know right and when (spoilers for whatever your favourite book is)." You cheered as Ben nodded enthusiastically.

"That part was great!"

The two of you proceeded to talk to each other the remainder of the day, you completely forgetting about your job and him completely forgetting what time it was. All in all, the day was spent well, you had found a new potential boyfriend or a for sure amazing friend who shared the same interests as you.