Royalty(Number Five)

A/N: Hello everyone! I am back and with today's update! Thank you for all the votes, reads and comments! It really makes my day! I hope you all enjoy this and have a great day/night!

This is set in a Medieval AU where magic and mythical creatures exist because...why not?

You were (Y/N) (L/N) of the Royal Family in a faraway kingdom and your father ruled almost half of the entire country, the other half belonging to your father's brother. You were your father's only girl and he was very very protective over you, especially when The Umbrella Academy, a prestigious school filled with many in-training mages and knights, hoping to become of service to their country.

Today, three out of 43 of the students were chosen to come to the kingdom for a special field trip as the owner of the Academy was your father's old friend.

That was where you met him.

Five Hargreeves. One of the Academy's top student. Well mannered, intelligent and most of all, he had an amazing personality.

"Your highness." The knight in training kneeled as your father smiled before suddenly frowning as he took notice of your obvious attraction to the boy.

"Five Hargreeves. Welcome to the palace." He forcefully smiled as Five nodded before taking his leave, you subconsciously following after him.

"Can I help you princess?" Five asked without turning around which had caused you to jump in fright.

"S-sorry. It's just, I've never seen a knight before."

"Surely you're joking. There are knights guarding your doors everyday."

"I don't mean that. I meant a knight that was of the same age as I was."

"Well I wouldn't call myself a knight just yet. At least, not until I've proven to myself that I am worthy." He smiled as you fall into step with him as the two of you walked through the gardens.

"I'm (Y/N). " You introduced holding out your hand as Five shook it, firmly, smiling as he did.

"Pleasure to meet you princess."

And thus began the start of your relationship.

"Why do you never call me by my first name?"

"Is it a problem?" He asked as you quickly shook your head and waved your arms frantically around.

"No! Of course not! I was just wondering..." You mumbled as Five laughed at your obvious discomfort. 

"It's not funny!" You glared as Five just smiled and wrapped his right arm around your shoulders. 

"My apologies princess. I never meant any harm. It's just, princess is a nickname I have for you. It's your special nickname." 

"Is it now?" You asked, now regaining your confidence as you leaned closer towards his lips. 

"Why of course, there's nothing that can ever compare to your beauty..." He mumbled as he too leaned closer toy you. 

"Your highness?!" Five chortled out shocked as he quickly distanced himself from you. You frowned as you turned to see your father.

"What are you doing?" He asked as you rolled your eyes. 

"I was conversing with people." 

"It better be just that." 

"Of course it was." You glared at your father as the two of you had a staring contest until finally, he broke it off, scowling before glaring at Five.