Chapter 64

Sitting in the attorney's waiting room Tim was thankful for the sunglasses he was wearing. If anyone could truly see his eyes they would know he was scared to death. He had no idea what to expect, what kind of plan Jenika had in mind. Chance had told him about the pictures that were found on her phone, the two of them in compromising positions. Had it been any other person explaining the situation to him he never would have believed it. But knowing, feeling the love Chance had for him brought confidence that she indeed would do whatever it took to manipulate everything.

"Where is Chance, you would think he'd be here for you, Tim" his sister remarked sitting across the small room.

"Em, you know why. He's here, in the room across the hall" Tim replied.

Chance sat alone in the room waiting for Jenika to be transported over from the jail. All he could think about was Tim. "Please let this be done with so he can get on with his life" he whispered aloud just as the door opened and she walked in.

"Oh thank God you're here" she stated as she shuffled in the door.

"Is it really necessary she have both her hands and feet cuffed" he asked the guard standing to meet her.

"It's horrible, Chance" she told him tearing up.

"I know sweetie" he replied reaching out to touch her.

"No physical contact" the guard stated as he assisted her to a nearby chair.

Chance took another chair, flipped it around sitting to face her while he leaned forward on his arms.

"Are you ok? Are they treating you fairly" he asked, acting sympathetic.

"I wouldn't exactly call this fair" she sniffed "I'm the victim of spousal abuse yet here I am in cuffs and chains while Tim walks around freely" she cried.

"It'll be over soon" he told her.

"Why...why haven't you been in to see me. I've missed you so much. All I've thought about is you and our last night together...it's..it's all that has kept me going. You still love me, don't you Chance" she sniffled more with a watchful eye for his response.

"Of course I do sweetie" he replied.

"Tell me again how much" she asked, testing to see if he were lying.

"Yes Jenika, I still love you as much as I ever have" he told her, forcing a smile as the words burned in his throat.

The guard raised an eyebrow "Seriously if he does, he's just as much a piece of conniving shit as she is. If not, well then buddy you deserve an oscar for your performance " he thought to himself listening to the two converse.

As the door to the office opened Stein stepped through advising Jenika it was time to come in. Chance stood to walk with her when he advised him that he would have to wait outside.

"No, he is coming with me. You work for me and will allow him in" she demanded.

Taken aback by her demanding tone, Chance looked at her now understanding what Luisa had been telling him all along. He questioned how he couldn't have seen it before and just what more she had put Tim through.

James walked in to bring Tim into the office. Dena, Emily and Bobby were advised they would need to stay in the waiting area.

"Are you sure that's a good idea, shouldn't someone be there to witness what takes place" Dena asked nervously.

"Momma, I'm a big boy, I can handle this. Besides, that's what James is doing" Tim replied "Don't worry".

Stepping towards him she touched his arm, "I'll always worry about you, grown up or not" she told him.

A Work In Progress (COMPLETED)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara