Chapter 66

Exhausted and emotionally drained, Tim lay back on his bed hoping for deep, restful sleep. Dinner with everyone went well and he was pretty sure neither himself nor Chance gave any clue that they were more than just friends. Knowing the divorce was the right thing to do it still left a feeling of failure within him, a feeling he let everyone one down, especially Caroline.

Chance sat out on the balcony outside his room, a sense of loneliness hovered over him. This was the first night that Tim wouldn't be sharing his bed since the week in Alabama together. Leaning his head back against the wall he replayed the moments of the past week, the love and laughter they shared, praying that it was only the beginning of a lifelong relationship together.

****

Olena had watched the interaction between Tim and Chance while with the others. While they were determined to not let anyone know how they felt about each other, she knew, she saw the look in Chance's eyes each time Tim spoke, laughed, the body language of each of them. She smiled to herself, confident that they had taken their friendship a step further. Hopeful her testimony and evidence in Jenika's upcoming trial would help seal her fate, keep her from ever interfering ever again, she poured herself a glass of wine before stepping into the deep bubblebath that awaited her.

****

"I still think there's something he's not telling us" Emily told Bobby as she crawled into bed.

"And just what big, deep dark secret do you think your brother is hiding" he remarked while thumbing through a magazine.

"Well, to be honest, I think there's a bit more to their friendship than they are telling anyone. I mean Tim did tell us that Chance was bi sexual" she stated.

Bobby knew that Chance had feelings for him, Tim told him that. But he hadn't told his mother or Emily. He never mentioned anything more and he hardly felt her suspicions of their friendship being any more than what it was. Besides, he'd known Tim since they were kids, he knew how much he'd loved Caroline. He highly doubted what she insinuated.

"I mean, I totally get how he would be attracted to Tim. Tall, dark hair, great smile, caring with a little bit of sass" she commented rubbing her hand lotion on her elbows.

"Baby, seriously? " Bobby asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well, why not. Who knows, maybe it's a mutual attraction. I mean, look. He hasn't had much luck in the female department " she replied.

"Emily!" he exclaimed.

"What?...I know how much he loved Caroline and how deep his pain was at her loss...then Jenika screws him over, playing him for a fool. So why not try the same team, ya never know" she stated.

Bobby covered his ears, shaking his head, begging her to stop with the comments. Emily just laughed and crawled on top of him before crashing her lips into his.

****
...."Well, what's your opinion now that you know" ..

..."I just want him happy, that's all I've ever wanted..he also went through much pain"..

..."Are you disappointed"..

..."No, never...fearful, yes...People are not kind, still in this day and age...I just want him to be safe"..

..."They will be"..