Chapter 15

"Sweetie, listen to me, I'll be there first thing in the morning....No, don't meet me at the airport, it's too risky...It will look like we were the cause of the break up...we don't need public scrutiny about us...just hold out on everything till I get there, Ok?...we'll get through this together..I'll see you in the morning " Chance told Jenika, hysterically crying on the other end.

Tim stood barely out of ear shot of the one sided conversation, starting to wonder himself about what Austin had asked. "Could it be? Were they really".... he thought shaking his head to clear his mind

"You ok" Chance asked with furrowed brows.

"Yeah, sure" Tim responded quietly starting to walk away.

Chance grabbed hold of his forearm "This is not true, you know that. There's nothing between us..never has been...never will be. She's not the one..I..." his voice trailed off before revealing that Tim was the one he loved.

Tim merely nodded, he knew the truth, he felt it, long before Chance ever revealed anything to him. To be honest, he felt a pang of jealousy listening to his call....and he wasn't quite sure why. "I know, I trust you..I don't trust her..watch your back, she's not the person she's led us to believe".

"I know...my eyes are wide open...more than ever. I got this for you, ok" Chance replied.

"I believe you" Tim told him before heading back to the bus.

"This has got to work..I've got to make it up to him for all I've put him through...he deserves so much more than this" Chance thought as he sent a text to Luisa advising her of his impending arrival.

Tim sent a text to Bobby informing him of the latest news on what Jenika was up to including Chance's plans. His phone soon rang.

"Is he out of his mind" Bobby whispered into the phone.

"Why are you whispering" Tim asked, settling into his bunk.

"I'm standing outside the courtroom at a parole hearing" he replied.

"You didn't need to call me, just wanted you aware" Tim replied.

Bobby hesitated, " Uh..I'll call you later, I'm being called back inside"

"Okay " he replied finding the quick conversation a bit odd. Grabbing his glasses and book he closed the curtain for privacy, hoping reading would relax him and take his mind off the entire mess. It wasn't long before he drifted off into a deeply deserved slumber.

Adam gave Chance all the information he needed for his flight and where he would stay. Chance wanted to be sure he had a hotel room instead of staying with Jenika's family, not knowing how they would react with his arrival. He'd known the family for quite sometime having spent an occasional vacation with the family as a whole, inviting them to the gulf area with his own family. But this visit would be different to say the least. He quickly packed his bag and placed it at the front of the bus. He would be leaving early and didn't want to disturb the others when he did. As he walked by Tim's bunk he stopped for a moment. Though the curtain was drawn across he was compelled to open it and remind his friend that his plan would work. Gently sliding back the corner he smiled at the sight before him. Tim, finally sleeping peacefully, his book open on his chest and his glasses slightly crooked upon his perfect face. He cautiously removed the book and glasses, placing them on the shelf then gently touched his cheek. Tim slightly smiled in his sleep causing Chance's heart to skip a beat "You are worth everything I'm about to do" he whispered.