Chapter 72

It had been nearly a month since the ordeal with Jenika had finally come to an end. The group was back into rehearsals for the upcoming tour, Chance and Tim's relationship was growing stronger though they curbed being open with anyone about it. When the time was right, whenever it or if ever that maybe, they had decided no one would know the truth between them until then. This decision would surely be put to the test once they were back out on the road but for now, it was the right thing to do.

Having the opportunity to be home in Tennessee for a few days was welcomed as well as stressful. Tim's main objective was to rid his home of everything that was Jenika and send it off to her parents. Once everything was gone then he knew his life would finally be fully on the right track to happiness. Chance had offered to help but Tim graciously refused, this was his mess right from the beginning. Chance had been through more than his share of deceit from Jenika, the last thing Tim wanted was his need to clean up after her.

Rob and Adam were back in Minnesota soaking up as much family time as humanly possible before returning to the road. Cerise would be entering kindergarten while Lydia was heading off to preschool and Charlie, well he was hanging with Dad and Penny Lane these few days before the whirlwind tour began.

Austin had finally started to move on without Olena by settling down buying a house near Tifton. He was busy with furnishings and setting up his own recording area finding the best way to deal with the change in his life was to write about it.

Chance had reluctantly left Tim in Tennessee while he went home to Alabama. This tour was going to be one of their most extensive ever and he wanted to ensure his family as well as his home were set for while he was away. Truth be known he needed the time at the shore to prepare himself for the days ahead. He was just as mentally and physically exhausted as Tim, he just hid it not to add to the situation.

****
Walking along the beach he felt a familiar presence nearby. As the warm ocean breeze passed by he turned,  "it was you, wasn't it" he smiled.

"Why whatever are you implying, Mr. Ray" the voice replied.

Chance chuckled lightly, "you know I saw you, I was the only one who could"

"Then why must you ask" they replied coyly.

"Thank you" he told them.

"No need, but you're welcome. It was the least I could do to try to fix everything" they said as he felt a hand upon his shoulder.

"You seem troubled, what's on your heart" they asked.

"You....I was hoping you'd be here" Chance told him.

"Adam, I am always with you. No need to come all the way here" they replied.

"I know but this is where I feel closest, Dad" he told him, holding back the tears welling in his eyes.

"I understand....we spent many times along these shores" he stated putting his arm around him.

"Dad...I need.." Chance hesitated.

"It's alright, son...I know...I've known for quite sometime...even before leaving" he stated.

"I'm sorry if I've disappointed you" Chance stated bowing his head.

Lifting his chin he looked him straight in the eye, "never..ever...you're a good man, Adam. I'm very proud of what you've done and who you've become. Take care of him, love him like no other...you understand " he stated.

As the tears began to roll down his face he felt an unnoticed heaviness leave him, the warm breeze surrounded him and once again he was alone.

****
Tim set the final boxes out on the porch for the express shipping company to pick them up. With the onset of a debilitating headache he knew he'd pushed too far with the limited eyesight he had. Making his way to the bathroom he grabbed his medications and head for his room under the watchful eye of Satch who was only a few steps behind him. Crawling into bed he settled himself as Satch jumped up and scooted along behind him, it had been awhile since he'd suffered with one this bad.

****
"Thanks Momna for the feast. As usual you went above and beyond" Chance expressed while helping Heather clean off the table.

"Just making sure you're well fed before you head out. I've seen the food you boys eat while on the road, it's not healthy eating that all the time" she replied packing a few items for him to take with him.

"How's Tim doing now that this whole mess is over" Heather asked.

"He's adjusting. He wanted to get rid of all her stuff during this break so he wouldn't have that looming over his head when he came off tour" he told her.

"Can't say as I blame him, but I would have had a hell of a bon fire in the back forty with all her shit" Heather stated.

"Heather" her mother scolded.

"Well it's true, be one way to be sure the bitch was totally out of his life. But why are you here instead of with him" she continued as she filled the dishwasher.

"He needed...we both needed time alone" he replied handing her a casserole dish.

"Is everything all right between you two" she asked within earshot of Maggie.

Chance shot her a look as if to ask not to say anything in front of his mom and Marcus.

Maggie put her hand on his forearm, "Adam, it's ok...I've known..we've all known since the first time he came home with you. But really, is everything ok between you both"

"Yes, mama..we're good, very happy together. We just haven't told everyone yet, it's too soon since the whole mess with Jenika. He needed time alone to deal with clearing his home of her and I...well I needed to recharge the only way I knew how..here. And of course needed to see y'all" he explained.

Maggie smiled, she completely understood his reasoning, the true meaning for his being home. 'Son, you are always welcome here but you belong with him. Go home, to your real home with Tim"

****
Having taken the red eye back to Tennessee he hesitated going into Tim's house instead of his own. Throwing his bags just inside his own doorway he couldn't wait any longer, he needed his lover.

Quietly opening the back door he assumed they would be sleeping but found it odd that Satch hadn't greeted him as he entered. That dog could hear a pin drop a mile away and regardless of where he was in the house he would coming running, that is if Tim were ok.

He didn't like the fact Satch was no where in sight. Making his way to the back bedroom he found Tim on his side, his arms wrapped around his head. Satch lay near him, his paw on his side.

"Fuck I knew I shouldn't have left him alone " he thought as he squat down next to the bed. Slowly moving his hair away from his face he whispered, "babe, are you ok" Tim barely moved his head signifying no he was not.

"What's wrong, is it your head" Chance asked lightly touching his face.

Tim barely spoke the word yes when Chance coaxed Satch off the bed. "Here take these" he told him seeing his medications on the stand nearby. Tim let him place the pills in his mouth while he held him slightly upward to swallow with the glass of water that also sat nearby.

Laying him back, he quickly kicked off his shoes, stripped down to his shorts and crawled in bed behind him. Satch watched as Tim curled into Chance chest before he lay down on the floor below. The dampness he felt on his chest and the occasional whimper of pain from his love tore at his heart.

Silently praying he asked that he be given his pain, that he'd suffered so much more than anyone should have and didn't deserve this on top of everything else. Soon he felt Tim begin to relax, the medication was working. He held him close until he too fell asleep, holding him safely in his arms.

****
Tim squinted at the morning light shining in between the drapes, the warm rhythmic breaths upon his face. Blinking a few times he looked up, sliding his hand up along his face, running his fingers over his chin, his beard, his lips.

Chance began to waken at his touch, he smiled, opening his eyes.

"Adam..." he began.

"Babe, are you alright, what's  wrong" he quickly asked.

"I...I can see you...I can see you" Tim replied before bursting into tears.