Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

I sit here in this magnificently decorated room as Annie and Miss Padme are out on the boat ride. I don't like much water, bad experience. I think I hear the boat pull in. I stand up and walk to the little entry. I see them walk up and I force a little smile. Miss Padme reaches me and stops walking. "I'd like to be alone by the balcony for a while," she says. My mind blurs as Annie gets closer to me. I nod and she walks past me. I go back to where I was sitting but Anakin makes chills when he touches my neck. I close my eyes and breathe out. I look back at him. 

"Yes?" I ask.

"You've been so quiet, why?" he says. His voice is like music to my ears. I look right into his blue eyes that I think are just amazing. I turn my whole body to him and I cross my arms. I shrug. It's a bit quiet for a while. Then Anakin says, "Mara, you can tell me." I take a deep breath.

"I haven't been able to think straight recently," I sigh. I bite my lip and hope he doesn't ask why. But I hope for nothing.

"Why not?" he asks. Damn. I just keep my lip bit and I look at his hand and back. 

"Stupid reasons," I say back. We look in each other’s eyes and I get lost.

"Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" he asks. My heart skips a beat. I feel my face reach up and his start to reach down. My eyes close slowly and my lips touch his. I feel my skin tingle around my cheeks. I place my hand gently on Anakin's face and the other on his shoulder. This feels so right... but so wrong. My brain kicks in and realizes what I'm doing. I pull away and my breathing is quick. I drop the hand on his face down and I look at him. 

"I-I'm so terribly sorry," I pant. "I shouldn't have done that."

"Don't be sorry," he strokes my cheek. I try to look for words, but nothing comes out. Instead, I take my hands off him and put them up defensively. I put a finger on my lips and run off. I run to a bedroom, apparently where I'll be staying. It's dark and empty, perfect. I lean up against a wall and land my head in my hands. Gosh, I'm so stupid. That was a stupid thing to do, kissing him like that. "Mara? Mara!" I hear Annie call. I stay silent and I don't move. Please don't find me. He stops looking for me and goes back to the room. 

The next day, I sit with Miss Padme. "I saw what you did yesterday," she blurts as I take a drink. I almost choke on the liquid. I pass the coughing and look into nothing. 

"W-what?" I stammer. Oh no, she couldn't have seen that. She won't approve. I'm screwed. 

"Don't worry. You're secret's safe with me. Truthfully, I'd like to help," she says while smiling at me. I'm still staring into nothing, wide-eyed. 

"Help with what?" I say in a light voice. 

"With Annie. Why don't you two go on a picnic out in the fields? Just you two," she says. I look at her. Inside, I'm jumping for joy. 

"Are you sure Miss?" I ask. She nods. "But, what about protection? You still need it."

"I have many guards here, Mara," Miss Padme smiles.

"Th-thank you," I smile. 

(Couple hours later)

I sit on this little blanket Miss Padme packed for Annie and I's picnic. This whole area is surrounded by wonderful waterfalls. It's so pretty here. "Are you alright Mara?" Anakin asks me. I get a good feeling as he says my name. I nod and look at him. I don't have my gloves on, it's kind of weird for me because my hands are bare. 

"I was just thinking," I sigh. "I seem to do so a lot, lately." I rub my bottom lip, remembering Anakin's touch. 

"What were you thinking about?" he asks, keeping himself from touching me.

I go silent for a bit. "You really think I'm beautiful?" I ask. He smiles and nods. I feel my lips turn to a grin. "I also thought about that you said about what is forbidden or not. Attachment being not allowed." 

"And?" he asks.

"I mean, it's every girl's dream. To get married, have kids. And me, myself, being a girl, I happen to have the same dreams. The problem is, I'm restricted," I explain. "I can't have all my dreams come true. I mean, I met someone I'd like to have that dream with," I stop myself. I really shouldn't have opened my mouth. 

"And who is that?" he grins. I'm trapped. 

"It's like a wish. I can't tell anyone or it won't come true," I joke. We stare at each other and I hold myself back from bursting out an unneeded 'I think I love you.'