Chapter 20

Chapter 20:

I make my way up to Padme's room, she probably doesn't know we're back. I enter the room and see her in a deep thought. "Busy?" I ask. She snaps her head up at me and a giant grin appears.
"Mara! You're alive!" she runs over and hugs me.
"Of course I am. It'll take more than a bunch of droids to bring me down," I smile. "Did everyone think Annie and I were?"
"Yes, just whispers I tried to ignore," she replies. "You're shaking. Are you alright?" 
"I have news," I smile. Her face makes a concerned look. My smile stays. "I'm pregnant." She grows a bigger grin than before.
"Oh, that's fantastic, Mara!" she laughs. "Does Annie know?" I nod. "How did he take it?"
"Well first-" I start, but I'm interrupted by the entrance doors. I look back and see Anakin walk in. I grow a smile. 
"You beat me to it, didn't you?" he jokes. I nod.
"Sorry, didn't know you wanted to spill the beans," I tease. He starts to walk to me and I look back at Padme. 
"Listen, I had this prepared just in case. I have a room just for you two. It's not on the maps and there are no cameras, it's safe for you two," Padme says. I widen my eyes.
"Wow.. Really?" I ask. She nods. "Thank you, so much." 
Hours pass and I lean on the balcony in the room Anakin and I share. I just gaze at the city lights I missed so much. I love the city, I grew up in it. I think of the time I made Anakin hold my hand in the club. I look back and I see Anakin just dazed by me. "Are you staring at me?" I smile.
"Of course," he grins. 
"Why? I'm nothing special," I look back out at the city lights.
"You're so beautiful," he sighs. I turn around and look at him. 
"It's because I'm so in love," I grin. 
"No, it's because I'm so in love with you," he laughs.
"So love has blinded you?"
"That's not exactly what I meant," he laughs. 
"But it's probably true," I smirk and turn back around. I hear him step closer to me and his arms wrap around my waist. "I love you," I whisper as I lean my head back to look at him.
"I love you too," he smiles. He kisses me. After a bit, we fall asleep on the bed, nothing exciting. My head is on his chest and I feel his heart beating quickly. I fully fall asleep and I dream of just brightness. A bright blue light and also darkness. I wake up slowly and I see Anakin isn't here. Nightmares again, he's probably out on the balcony. I get up and walk out in an old jacket of mine. I walk out to the balcony and I see him standing there. I walk to him and I put a hand on his shoulder. 
"What's wrong?" I ask. He looks at me and looks at the ring on my necklace. 
"Nothing," he smiles. He picks up my ring and plays with it a bit. I place my hand on the one with the ring.
"You're lying," I whisper. He takes back his hand and looks out.
"It was a dream. Like the ones I had of my mother.. before she died. This time, it was of you. You were just... laying there, jolting a bit from the electricity in your system. Then.. you took your last breath," he explains.
"Annie, it was only a dream," I entwine my fingers with his.
"I won't let this one become real," he sighs.
"Annie, I'm not dying anytime soon. I can promise you that," I smile. "Annie.. Do you think Obi-Wan will be able to help us with the baby?" He looks at me.
"We don't need his help," Anakin replies. "We can help ourselves just fine." Anakin smiles at me.
"I guess you're right," I sigh and hug him tightly. "It's going to get hard to hide, isn't it?" He doesn't reply.