Chapter 58

Chapter 58:

We land and we all pile off. I immediately fall in love with this forest scenery. I've never really been around a forest. Either cities, dry deserts, lava land, or peaceful grassy land.

We all follow Han, due to the fact that he's the leader. We're literally walking in squiggles. But then, Han stops and signals for us to as well. He searches for a bit, then signals for us to get down. All of us crouch.

"Oh, I knew danger was here," 3PO whines. We quietly follow Han once more. The top five of us look over a giant log.

There, two troopers dead ahead.

"Should we try and go around?" Leia asks.

"Well we have to. This party will be for nothing if they see us," Han replies. Chewy roars a bit. Han turns to us. "Chewy and I will take care of this. You guys stay here," Han demands. I nod.

"Do it quietly, there might be more," Luke hisses.

"Don't scare him," I mutter.

"Hey," he suddenly grows a smile, "it's me." He grins and starts to go out.

"The guy's got guts, that's all I have to say," I smile. I turn back to the two troopers examining the ground. What in the world are they doing? They have speeders, they can easily run off.

I watch as Han walks behind one of the troops. So far so-

Snap.

A twig. The trooper immediately turns around and hits Han back. A blaster shot is made.

"Damn, I got to get out there," I start to move. Luke glares at me.

"No," he commands.

"Just like your father, always thought he was the boss of me," I hiss. I jump up and run down to find Han.

"Great," I hear Luke grunt behind me. I pull out my blaster and I ready my finger. I see the other troop hop on a speeder after seeing me emerge from the green bushes. I raise my blaster and I aim at the troop. It zooms off and my hands ready. Chewy roars. I start to shoot at the speeder. One, two, boom.

"Over there! Two more of them!" Leia coos. I shoot my head over and I see two more speeders zoom off.

"No!" I whimper. They'll report to Anakin that I'm here. "You two, stop them!" I call to Leia and Luke. Leia takes my words in full blast and she dashes to an open speeder.

"Wait! Leia!" Luke yells as he follows her. They hop on and zoom off.

"Hey! Wait!" Han calls after them. I see the trooper pull out his blaster and I pull out my saber. I turn it on and ready for the kill. Now or never. I stab the troop with ease. He yells and falls to the ground. Han snaps his head to me and I turn off my saber.

I breathe deeply, I haven't used my saber since I was young. It's both relieving and frightening to finally know I still know how to work it.

"You are one," Han breathes out. I clutch my saber and I see the faint fright in his eyes.

"I'm not a monster though," I whimper and shove the saber back in my boot. "What, no 'thanks for saving my life'?"

"Oh! Thanks," Han shakes his head. "Why do you seem scared? About the glowstick?"

"If you knew my past, you'd understand," is all I say in reply.

"But, how you look. You look hardly twenty. You were born way after the clone wars."

"Looks can be deceiving," I smirk.

"I knew there was something interesting about you," Han replies.

I hear an explosion from a distance. "Do you think their okay?" I panic.

"It's them. I'm pretty sure they are."

"Should I start to go look for them?" I ask, mostly to myself.

"No, I bet they're safe," Han replies swiftly. I hear two more explosions and I start to worry. "Hey, come on. Calm down and sit. They'll come around shortly," Han leads me to a tree stump. I sit down gingerly and I play with my thumbs.

A bit passes and we all grow bored but my worries grow. R2 beeps.

"Oh! General Solo, someone is coming," 3PO translates.

I instantly stand up and jog to cover. I see Luke run out from behind a tree. I dash out and take him in my arms. "Oh my gosh, I was so worried," I mutter. I pull back. "Wait, where's Leia?"

"What, she didn't come back?" Luke looks around. I shake my head.

"I thought she was with you," Han says sternly.

"Well we were separated," Luke replied.

"Well that's just fantastic," Han groans. "Come on, take the squad ahead."

Luke looks at me with a hint of guilt. "It's not your fault," I whisper soothingly.

"About what you said earlier. About my father-" he starts."

"Luke please," I hush. He nods and we let go of each other as we follow Han. "R2 come on. We'll need your scanner."