Chapter 26

Chapter 26:

I feel my heart just ache as I weep over Padme's lifeless body. Something big is happening. I just don't know what. I need to find out. I wipe away a tear from my cheek. A throbbing in my head comes. I have to stay in here. I'll die if I go out. If my theory of 'Order 66' is right. Anakin and I just might be the last Jedi to stand. I try to stand up and C-3PO tries to help me. I get to my feet and the feeling of evil and pain come over me. I scream from it. It fades off slowly. "3PO, what's the news on Anakin?" I ask.

"The he has been to the Jedi temple," he says. "I advise you not to go."

"I know. I know. I'm not going anywhere," I sigh. I look out the window to the Jedi temple. An area has burst into flames. I quickly look away, I can't stand to see it destructed. My eyes water up again. 3PO walks away. "Please put Padme on the couch." I bet they think I'm dead. I should be safe then. But I just don't feel safe. I look at the hole in the glass. I try and cover it with my hand. The cold breeze presses to my hand and I can feel and smell the smoke of the burning Jedi temple. I just lose whatever restriction I had on my sadness. I let out one sob. How is this happening? I can only hope Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin are still alive. I hear a ship land by the balcony. I look over to there and I see 3PO help a man in a black robe out. "Annie?" I whisper to myself. I take my hand off the glass and I walk to the balcony. I see a shining face. "Anakin," I sigh and quicken my walk. I just fall into his arms and he takes me in. He holds me tight and he kisses my forehead. "You're alive," I sigh with a smile.

I pull back and he sees the new tears from what I witnessed. "What happened?" he asks. My eyes water up as the scene replays in my head.

"Th-they tried to kill me. But.. I was mistaken and..." I fade off and look at Padme's body on the couch, laying peacefully. "She was killed. She had my saber and.. and.. and.." Anakin pulls my face to look at him. "I'm glad you're okay. There was an attack on the Jedi temple. You can see the smoke from here."

"I'm fine, I'm fine. I came to see if you and the baby were safe," guilt droops from his voice.

"Annie, what's going on?" I look up to him.

"The Jedi have tried to overthrow the Republic," he says in reply.

"What?" I ask confused.

"I saw Windu try to assassinate the chancellor myself," he tries to explain. He's lying.

"What are we going to do?" I play along. He looks away and turns around.

"I won't betray the Republic. My loyalties lie with the chancellor. Along with the Senate. And with you," he says.

"But-" I try and start. If he follows Palpatine, how in the world can he follow me?

"W-What about Obi-Wan?" I ask.

"I don't know," he replies. "A lot of Jedi have been killed. Almost you. We can only hope Obi-Wan can remain loyal to the chancellor."

"Annie, I'm scared," I feel a tear run down my cheek, overlapping the ones that have dried. He moves a hair from my face and gives me a look that he gave me when I told him it wasn't right.

"Have faith, my love," he whispers. "Everything will soon be set right. I've been given a very important mission. I've been informed that Seperatists have gathered on the Mustafar system. I'm going there to end this war. And you are to stay here. Alright?" I put my hand on his that is on my cheek and I look up at him. "Wait for me until I return. Things will be different, I promise you." I feel my lip quiver. He and I press our lips together. He pulls back and I keep my eyes shut. "Please, wait for me," he whispers in my ear. I nod and his hand goes away. I open my eyes as he gets in the same yellow detailed ship. I look away to hide my tears. I see him zoom away. I turn around and walk in.

"Miss Mara, is there anything I can do?" 3PO asks. I stop in my steps and slightly look over my shoulder

"No," I reply. I squat down and grab my lightsaber. I stand up straight and I look at Padme. Her eyes are shut now, she looks like she's sleeping.

"Oh.. I feel so... helpless," 3PO says. I put my saber away and I hold my stomach. I wonder if there is any way to contact the rest of the Jedi. Probably not. Both Padme and my room have no communication. If what I'm thinking is right, Anakin's not himself anymore...