Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

Here we are in the Jedi council and I have to stand behind Anakin and Obi-Wan with everyone else's eyes glued to us. Every Jedi is here. Master Yoda, Mace Windu, Ki-Andi-Mundi, and more. "Find this bounty hunter, you must," Master Yoda says. He's always talked that way, everyone seems to have gotten over it.

"And more importantly, find out who he's working for," Master Windu adds.

"What about Senator Amidala?" Obi-Wan asks. "She will still need protection."

"I'll do it," I say.

"Both," Yoda says.

"Both?" I ask.

"You and Skywalker will," Yoda says. My pulse speeds up.

"You will escort the senator back to her home planet of Naboo. It should be safer there. And do not use registered transport. Go as refugees," Mace says.

"As leader of opposition, it will be very hard to get her to leave the capitol," Anakin says.

"Until caught, this killer is, our judgment, she must respect," Yoda says seriously.

"Anakin, go to the chancellor and speak with him about this assignment," Master Windu finishes off. I bow my head and Obi-Wan and Anakin do also. We walk out and the doors slide open. They have their robes on, all of them do, but I don't. I've been told they think of me as a bit of a rebel. I walk with their pace and my arms now crossed.

"It's going to be strange, I grew up here. I like it here, it's nice and busy," I mumble.

"I know you'll like Naboo. It's calm and open," Anakin says.

"Maybe," I walk with my head down. Anakin leaves so he can go to the chancellor and I continue to the senator's room. After a long while, Annie comes back and stands at the window with me.

"I'm taking an extended leave of absence," Miss Padme says to Jar-Jar. "It will be your responsibility to take my place in the senate." I look down.

"What's wrong?" Annie asks me in a hushed tone. Well if I'm honest with him, we're screwed.

"Nervous, that's all," I sigh.

"Don't be, she's kind to you, and so am I," he replies. Him being so damn kind to me is the problem.

"I know," I bite my lip.

"Of course m'lady," Jar-Jar says and walks off. Miss Padme walks to us and looks like she's about to throw a fit.

"I do not like the idea of hiding," she says sternly.

"Don't worry, they sent Master Obi-Wan to find the bounty hunter, and knowing him, it won't be long," Anakin says.

"I didn't work for a year to defeat the military recreation act. And to not be here when its fate is decided," she packs her things.

"Sometimes we have to let go of our pride and do what is requested of us," Anakin says.

"And that's coming from Annie," I slightly joke.

"Wow, you've grown up," Miss Padme says.

"Master Obi-Wan manages not to see it," Annie starts walking to me.

"I bet he does," I whisper to him.

"Don't get me wrong, Obi-Wan is a great mentor," he starts playing with a metal ball using the force, "Wise as Master Yoda and powerful like Master Windu." He lands the ball in his hand. "I'm very thankful to be his apprentice."

"I don't have a master," I mutter under my breath. He gives me the little ball. I look at it very curiously and see my warped reflection.

"In some ways. In a lot of ways, I'm really ahead of him. I'm ready for the trials," he sounds angrier as he keeps talking. "He says that I'm too unpredictable. He won't let me move on." I put the ball down in it's place.

"That must be frustrating," Miss Padme says.

"It gets worse!" his anger shines through. "He's overly critical, he never listens, he doesn't understand. It's not fair!" I run to him and put my hand on his shoulder. His heart is beating fast. He looks back at me and I smile kindly.

"Obi-Wan is a great man. I've seen him at his best. And I've seen him at his worst. Listen, when I was in training, Master Yoda pointed out my flaws even when I was doing better than everyone else. They just do that. But, it's the only way we can grow," I say. He looks away and sighs.

"I know," he says.

"Just don't grow up too quickly," I smile.

"But I am grown up," he turns to me. He looks me dead in my eyes with a bit of a gaze.

"Stop," I sigh and look down. Miss Padme goes to her closet.

"Why?" he asks. I look back up. I bite my lip.

"Because it isn't right," I sigh. I look back down and take my hand off him. I walk out of the room and lean on a wall. I put my hands over my face and try to pace my breathing.