Chapter 62

Chapter 62:

I sit here, head down, hands bound. Luke sits across from me, glaring at my suicidal attempt. It wasn't suicidal, I know Anakin won't kill me. He can't.

"What are you staring at?" I ask though I don't move my head.

"You. Why did you go?" Luke replies.

"I had to. I had to find a way to end this before he ended up tearing the planet apart looking for me. I couldn't keep running," I explain.

"You didn't have to give yourself up," Luke hisses.

"Yes. Yes I did. He's after me," I hiss back.

"But you're my mother, and I want to protect you," Luke says. I get goosebumps as he calls me his mother. I've never been called 'mother', never had a mother, never even dreamed of being called 'mother'. It's heartwarming. I smile and look to my hands again.

My mind wanders a bit more.

"We did it," I laughed. "And we're both still here."

"Just perfect," Anakin smiled. He kissed me again. "I hate hiding. Listen, I don't care if they know."

"Annie, don't say that," I sighed. He sighed as well and looked me in the eyes.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I never got to tell you, huh? Something wonderful happened," I smiled.

"Like what?" Annie flashed me that grin.

"I'm pregnant, Annie," I whispered. I braced for what his reaction would be. He looked shocked. "What is it?" I sort of panicked.

"That's...," he trailed and tried to find the right words.

"Not good?" I asked with fear in my eyes.

"No, no. That's wonderful," he grinned.

"But.. how will we hide it?" I asked.

"Don't worry about that right now," he smiled brightly. "This is a happy moment. In fact, it's the happiest moment of my life." My smile reappeared. Our lips connected again and I wrapped my arms around his neck as his went around my waist.

I try to wipe away the silly smile from my face. I love that memory. It's how I want my life again. Just Anakin and I.

"What are you smiling about?" Luke asks.

"Nothing," I lie. He wouldn't understand, he's never felt love like I have. He's never felt love that made him want to spend the rest of his life with another person. He never felt love that made him want to push everything in his way aside, just so he could be with that person.

He hasn't felt what I felt. I hear us land, but I don't feel an atmosphere. "Come on," Luke whispers. I nod and stand up. We are escorted out and Luke is taken into a cell. I follow Anakin, feeling his emotions as we go, and I see Sideous in a twisted, evil throne. I gulp and choke up my breathing. Sideous turns to us and grows a creepy evil grin.

"My master, she is unarmed," Vader says.

"Mara Jubilee, so long it has been," Sideous says.

"Not long enough," I snap. He just starts laughing.

"Still has spite, I see. You were very hard to find, Yoda has taken great care in concealing you," he says. I stiffen. "Bring her forward, Lord Vader." Anakin slightly pushes me and I walk to Sideous.

"Let me die. Let Luke free. Please, he's done you no harm," I lightly beg but threaten. Sideous laughs at my courage.

"But, now why not have the both the parents and the offspring on my side," Sideous says. I feel my eyebrows raise in terror.

"Luke is my son. Please. I'll do anything, just please, set him free," I whimper.

"Bring her closer," Sideous tells Anakin. I feel Anakin grow a spark of concern. He pushes me a bit more further. "You will be Vader's apprentice. You shall be Duchess Everona." I feel my heart race.

"I'll agree as soon as you let Luke go," I try to negotiate.

"Go on, Lord Vader. And you, Duchess Everona, stand there," he points to an area next to him as Anakin walks off. I start to walk to Sideous's side. My eyes water up. I don't want to Lord Vader and Duchess Everona. I want to be Anakin and Mara Skywalker. "You'll no longer need those," Sideous says, and my cuffs drop to the ground. The elevator doors open again and Luke and Anakin walk through. Luke's hands still bound. I start to walk forward, but I am blocked. I put my hands on the thing in my way. Just an invisible shield Sideous put from me running off. I swallow hard as Luke and I make eye contact.