SEVENTY-NINE

The pictures brought small moments of peace to the mind of Charlotte Watson

They held so many good memories, ones that she so fondly looked back on. There was the photo of Tony, Lottie, and Pepper on the mini-vacation that they took after the events of Anton Vanko, just after she had woken up from the ice.

There was a photo of Wanda and Lottie at one of Tony's fancy parties. He had thrown it in celebration of Lottie's birthday, saying that '100 year old soldiers deserve to have a party they won't forget'. It truly was unforgettable, she would never forget the image of Clint Barton attempting to do a keg stand like he was some college frat boy.

The rest were Steve Rogers. 

There was the photo of them taken at Steve birthday party, which involved a lot more stupid board games then Tony would've liked to admit. Granted, she knew Tony enjoyed it, even though he definitely cheated at Monopoly since he owned the entire board.

There was the old photo, a gift from Natasha, taken from the old video of Bucky, Lottie and Steve back during the war that she had seen at the Smithsonian once. It came from the same video where Howard was trying to make them laugh from the other side of the camera.

Of course, there was her favorite. Steve had sneakily taken it one night when he couldn't sleep, told her he loved the way that she was cuddled into him like he was some teddy bear. Granted, to get the photo, he had to text Natasha at 2 in the morning to ask how the camera worked. No one dared to ask Nat why she was still awake.

These were the memories that Lottie needed to see right now. They made her forget about what was really happening.

Charlotte Watson stood in her bedroom of the Avengers compound, a small smile on her face as she stared at the photos hanging on her wall and decorating her shelf. It felt weird to be in the room, knowing that Steve may never step foot into it again.

The only thing that was on her mind was Steve. He was all she could think about since he walked away. She forgave him, she knew that. He was doing what he thought was best, trying to save her from the emotional trauma in hopes that she would never have to find out, but unfortunately she did. She forgave Bucky, too, but that was easy. Once her mind cleared, she realized that Bucky didn't kill anyone, the Winter Soldier did.

The thought of her love and her friend out there, thinking that maybe she hated them, brought a frown to her lips. She wrapped her arms around herself as she stared at the pictures, careful not to bump into the giant wrap on her side covering her gash too hard. That's why she had on one of Steve's old flannels that still smelled like him, it was loose enough on top of her tank top that it didn't hurt her injury. That, and it smelled like Steve.

"Hey," Lottie turned, a small smile on her face as Tony entered the room. His arm was back in a sling, his face slightly beat up from the injuries he sustained. "Just got off the phone with Ross."