SEVENTY-FOUR

Comenzar desde el principio

"I don't want to talk about it,"

"You fear that... if you open your mouth, the horrors might never stop. Don't worry, we only have to talk about one,"

The lights in the room flickered for a moment, before going dark. The monitors shut off one by one, the red emergency lights beginning to flash all over the room. Ross ran by the office on his walkie, trying to get a hold of someone.

"Sub-level 5, east wing," Sharon quickly told the three. "Go!"

Throwing themselves down the stairwell, Steve led Lottie and Sam down into sub-level 5. AS they busted through the stairwell doors, they were met with the carnage that was all of the security guards who had tried to interfere.

Carefully, they walked over each of the bodies, who were thankfully all still live just unconscious, until they were in the line of sight to the doorway to the containment room. The psychiatrist laid on the floor, coughing as he pretended that he had been hurt, but the trio saw past the facade.

Steve was the first into the room, grabbing the man by his jacket and thrusting him against the wall as Lottie and Sam followed gingerly behind, wary of their surroundings.

"Who are you? What do you want?"

"...to see an empire fall,"

With the familiar tingle in her bones from her senses, Lottie quickly dropped to the ground in the doorway, sliding into the room in time to look back and see Bucky's metal arm collide with the concrete wall where Sam's head had just been. Her eyes widened as she realized through the look in his eyes that this wasn't Bucky Barnes: this was the Winter Soldier.

Sam fought off multiple punches of his until Bucky grabbed him by the throat, throwing him over his shoulder as Sam flew back, his head hitting off the containment center before falling to the ground.

Lottie sprung to her feet, dashing forward as she kicked Bucky in the back of the leg, blocking his punch from his metal arm as she landed one on his face. She used his body to throw herself to his other side, leg flying out in another kick. Bucky hit her leg to the side with his metal arm, throwing her down to her knees as his metal fist came into contact with her head, sending her flying to the ground as her head hit the concrete like Sam's, just as Steve ran forward and kicked him away from her.

With a groan, Lottie kept her eyes shut as she pulled herself onto her hands and knees, hoping for the pain to dissipate just enough that she could find her footing and get up. She heard the familiar shout of Sam Wilson before she felt his hands on her arm, tugging her up with him.

"Char, we gotta go, we gotta find the psychiatrist!"

The woman only nodded, eyes opening as she rushed out the door behind Sam, ignoring the pounding pain in her head. She took a quick look around, frowning when she didn't see either Steve or Bucky, before following Sam into the stairwell once again.

They took the stairs two at a time, looking up every now and then to catch a quick sight of the man they were after. He looked down once, catching their eyes, before dashing through the door on that level.

"That's the main floor door!" Lottie called to Sam behind her as they dashed up the last set of stairs to reach him.

The pair went barreling through the doors that lead to the main floor, getting caught up in the traffic of people running from the building out into the streets. They shoved their way through the crowds, flying through the doors into the outside.

Sam moved forward, picking up the familiar jacket lying on the ground that they had seen the man wearing, before looking around.

"Shit,"