SEVENTY-FOUR

Steve Rogers stood at the glass of the office, watching the monitors just outside as they played the interrogation of Bucky Barnes

Steve Rogers stood at the glass of the office, watching the monitors just outside as they played the interrogation of Bucky Barnes. The screen inside of their room was muted through the controls, and the room was soundproof, cutting them off from hearing what was actually happening.

Lottie sat across from Sam, staring at the monitor in their room silently as Sharon Carter entered the room with a file in hand.

"The receipt for your gear," Sam took the file, a disgusted look on his face as he opened it.

"Bird costume?"

"I didn't write it," Sharon quickly pressed a button on the main control panel, the monitors inside their room suddenly coming to life with sound. She locked eyes with Steve and Lottie, giving them both nods of her head.

"I'm not here to judge you. I just want to ask you a few questions. Do you know where you are, James? I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James,"

"My name is Bucky,"

Steve moved to stand behind Lottie, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder as he watched the beginnings of the interrogation.

Something in Lottie's senses made her feel off. She furrowed her eyebrows, reaching for the file in the middle of the table that held the security camera footage of Bucky that was supposedly taken just outside Vienna. The gears in her head quickly started turning.

"Why would the Task Force release this photo to begin with? Especially without definitive proof?" Sharon shrugged her shoulders as Lottie placed the file back on the table.

"Get the word out, involve as many eyes as we can?"

"It's a pretty good way to flush a guy out of hiding," she saw the looks on Sam, Steve, and Sharon's faces as she sighed. "Just hear me out, okay? Bomb goes off, picture gets taken and released, and suddenly seven billion people are on the hunt for the Winter Soldier. One of those incoming leads is bound to correct."

"You're saying someone framed him to find him," Sharon concluded as Sam shook his head, leaning in on the table.

"Guys, we searched for this man for two years and found nothing-"

"We didn't bomb the UN," Steve chimed in, looking down at his fiance with a nod as she reached up, squeezing his hand. "That turns a lot of heads."

"Yeah, but that doesn't guarantee that whoever framed him would get him. It guarantees that we would,"

Lottie and Steve looked at one another for a moment, before looking back to the monitor, eyes narrowing as the looked at the psychiatrist in the room with Bucky.

"Yeah..."

"Tell me, Bucky. You've seen a great deal, haven't you?"

Rising from her seat, Lottie stood rigid next to Steve as they watched the monitor carefully, Sam rising from his seat behind them as well.