SIXTY-EIGHT

Comincia dall'inizio

"The simple life," Steve hummed, getting a pat on the shoulder from Tony.

"You two will get there one day,"

"I don't know," Lottie finally spoke, looking between the two most important men in her life with a smile. "The pair that wanted the traditional idea of a family went in the ice years ago. I think a new pair came out."

"Well the terms of traditional were a lot different in 1945 then in 2015," Tony commented as Steve placed an arm around Lottie's shoulders. "Barton figured it out, I'm sure you two will. You sure you two will be alright?"

"Yeah, we're home," Steve reached over, shaking hands with Tony for a second before placing a kiss on Lottie's head, leaving to meet Natasha and giving Lottie a minute alone with her best friend.

"Sure you don't want to come with me?" Tony questioned, leaning against the car as he looked at the second most important woman in his life. "Pepper misses you like hell, I'm sure she'd be excited to see you."

"I'll come visit soon, but Steve and I have some new Avengers to break in," Lottie told him with a grin, looking back toward the compound. "Besides, Steve told me he has something he's gotta ask me."

"Hmmm, bet the capsicle proposes to you,"

"Yeah, no he won't. He's not smooth enough for that," Lottie and Tony shared a laugh as she held out her hand to him. "But I will definitely make a bet on that one."

Tony smiled, placing his hand in her's and shaking it. They looked at one another for a moment before Lottie leaned forward, bringing him into a tight hug. Tony smiled, wrapping his arms around her right back.

"I love you, Stark,"

"I love you too, Watson,"

Lottie pulled back, grinning up at her best friend as she took a step away from the car, allowing him to open the driver side door and climb in.

"Don't be a stranger,"

Tony rolled down the window, smirking over at her.

"With you? Never,"

Lottie watched with a small smile as Tony and his car disappeared down the long roadway leading away from the compound. She straightened herself out as his car fell out of sight, adjusting her suit as she walked back into the compound.

She smiled at the former SHIELD, now Avengers, employees as she passed them, including the new recruits for Avengers agents as they ran down the hallways, giving her a salute. She gave them one right back, turning into the room that she knew would quickly become her favorite in the entire compound.

It was entirely all glass, letting in the natural light of outside. Lottie walked toward the end of the room, standing at the window that showcased the lake that the compound resided upon. She smiled as she looked out at the peaceful scenery, taking it all in.

"It feels weird to be here,"

Lottie turned to see Wanda, decked out in her new suit standing beside her. Despite the loss the girl had been through, she smiled as she looked outside.

"You'll get used to it," Lottie told her with a shrug and a smile. "You're an Avenger now, Wanda."

"All thanks to you," the pair turned to face one another. "I never did get to say thank you. But I also never got to say I'm sorry."

Lottie cocked her head at the girl, her eyebrow raising at the comment.

"For what?"

"What I did to the team, what I did to you," a frown placed itself on Wanda's lips as she looked at the woman in front of her. "I made you all see terrible things, I messed with your heads. When I look back, I realize how horrible-"

"Wanda, stop," Lottie spoke softly, cutting the girl off with a smile. "Like I've already told you, we all make mistakes. You already made up for those mistakes, you don't owe any of us anything. Besides, you didn't even show me anything bad."

"What did you see?"

"The life that I desire to have, but can't have right now,"

"And how is that not bad?"

"Because all you did was make me want it more," Lottie confessed, a small smile gracing her lips. "You made me want to work harder, to end the fight so that someday, I can have the life I've always dreamed of having."

Wanda lurched forward, enveloping Lottie in a tight hug. The older girl grinned, wrapping her arms around her as they held onto one another.

"I will never be able to thank you enough for the chance you've given me,"

"You don't have to thank me. Just go out there and make me proud, just like I know you will,"

Wanda pulled back, thanking Lottie again before she was taking off toward the hallway, probably preparing for training. Lottie turned to watch her go, her eyes catching those of Steve Rogers's as he moved toward her.

The pair never looked away from one another as Steve walked up, wrapping his arms around Lottie from behind as they stared out at the lake together.

"Figured you and Natasha would be getting straight to work on training," Lottie told him, gaining a hum from him.

"A little later, wanted to come admire the view with you for a bit,"

"It is gorgeous," Steve smiled, resting his head on Lottie's as she spoke again. "Wasn't there something you wanted to ask me?"

"Yeah, there is," Lottie waited for Steve to continued as his smile grew bigger, his fingers dancing over Lottie's hips and sending goosebumps through the woman. "Marry me."

Charlotte Watson whipped around with wide eyes, looking up at the cheeky smile of Steve Rogers behind her.

"...what?"

"I know I'm not on one knee, I don't even have a ring yet, but a special girl used to tell me to live boldly, so that's what I'm going to do," Lottie's eyes grew watery as Steve's hands traveled down to hold hers. "I know the life we both want, and I know we can't have the entire picture right now, but we can have a part of it. Charlotte Watson, I've wanted to marry you since the day in primary school that you gave me half of your sandwich because I didn't pack a lunch. And frankly, I'm tired of waiting for a perfect moment because every moment with you is perfect. So, marry me. What do you say?"

"Of course I'll marry you,"

They wore matching grins as they leaned in, their lips enveloping one another as they lost themselves in the moment. Ring or no ring, they didn't need one to know that they forever, no matter what, belonged to one another. Till the end of the line.

Lottie suddenly pulled back, groaning as Steve looked down at her, eyebrows raised in confusion.

"God damnit, Steve,"

"...what?"

"This means Tony won another god damn bet!"

◼ ◼ ◼

Oh my god it is 11:27 AM when I am writing this author's note and I am legit crying because I just finished part four and my OTP is now engaged HOLY CRAP PEOPLE!

Now, the time has come..........C I V I L  W A R