Presentation - Take Two

Requested by yadelys011022. I hope you like it!!

---

Your hands shook with anxiety. "Taehyung, I'm literally about to spontaneously combust from this," you stammered. Jimin was straightening your hair before he had to leave for work while Taehyung was sitting on the bathroom counter, his legs swinging side to side.

"You'll be fine," Taehyung reassured. "They're not going to make fun of you, I promise."

"You got it," Jimin encouraged behind you, smiling at you in the mirror.

You sighed. "But I'll look stupid."

Taehyung shook his head. "I guarantee that you will not look stupid."

After your flop of a presentation you had given your class, your self-confidence took a beating. You had made a GOT7 presentation and your expectations were certainly not met, leaving you the laughingstock of your class. You had come clean about it to Taehyung later, to which he proposed that he would invite his friends over so the PowerPoint you worked so hard on wouldn't go to waste. To be honest, this made you even more nervous, since these would be people you barely knew.

Taehyung had picked out an outfit for you, saying you need to "look the part." What he picked out for you made you look like a businesswoman that would fire all her employees in seconds if they didn't get the amount of sugar in her coffee right. At least that's what Jimin had said when he saw it laying out on your bed. You liked it. You thought that maybe looking your best would give you a boost.

Taehyung got a text. "Ah, they left their house. They said they're on their way and asked if there will be refreshments."

"I guess?" you answered. "Are they all together?"

Taehyung nodded. "Yeah. Carpool, I guess."

Jimin shot his twin an odd look before turning the straightener off. "Well, looks like my work is done here." He gave you quick peck on the forehead. "Good luck, baby sis! I know you'll do well." He wished his brother a quick good-bye, giving him a small hug before he left, his keys jingling in his pockets as he walked.

"Why don't you get ready and we'll see if we can shake those nerves out before they get here?" Taehyung suggested, still typing something on his phone.

"Why did they ask about drinks?" you asked,

Taehyung shrugged. "I think they've been working all day. I told them no food though because the crunching might distract you."

Your brother just knew you so well! You nodded and went to get dressed. When you were done, you came out of your room and found your brother in his. "So, now what?" you wondered, coming to stand in front of him.

"Normally when I'm nervous, I take a deep breath," he began before he did as he was instructed. You noticed he held it for a minute before exhaling, a calm scream escaping his throat. You gave him a bewildered look.

"The heck was that?" you questioned, laughing a bit.

"It lightens the mood," Taehyung grinned. "You try."

You gave him an odd look before his strange actions. "Again," he encouraged, making you giggle. "See, it's working." You did it over and over again, grinning each time more than the last. A doorbell rang and you stopped, your anxiety resurfacing. It was go time.

Taehyung told you to stay in his room and continue the weird exercise while he showed the guests to the movie room. You would set your laptop up to the projector and Taehyung would help switch the slides while you presented. You shut the door and tried to get rid of your nervousness and after ten minutes, Taehyung poked his head in. "Are you ready?"

You gave him a pained look. "I'm still scared."

Taehyung sighed and came over to you. He hugged you, picking you up in the process and spinning you around a few times before he released you. "Don't be. You're kind of their little sister, too, in a way. They'll love it."

You gave him a questioning look but he didn't respond and instead took your hand and began to drag you to the movie room. You heard talking and it sounded oddly familiar to you, but since you could hear your heartbeat pounding in your ears, your hearing wasn't doing much for you. Taehyung let go of your hand to enter and you peeked in, expecting to see the group of friends Taehyung always went to the mall with – the group that had every hipster cliché ever. But instead, what you saw made you back away and go back to the safety of your brother's room. Maybe you'd hide under his covers, where nothing could get you.

Taehyung hadn't invited the friends that he saw every day, whether it was at school or a get-together at a café. He had invited GOT7.

Taehyung looked in the hall, confused as to where you had gone. When he saw you with your back against the wall, he walked over to you. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"You invited them?" Your heartbeat was beating like a trapped bird in a cage. "Tae, I love them and I don't want to offend them, but like... that would be like if you performed a Shakespeare play in front of Shakespeare himself. You'd be super nervous." Despite knowing them better than their own fans, you were still nervous. They were your idols after all! Even if they were your close friends.

Your brother nodded. "You're right. I would be. But you know what, even if you are nervous, you know I'm there, right? I'm going to be there the whole time. Focus on me if that helps you." He gave you hand-heart. "Fighting!"

You gulped before nodding. "Okay. If I make a fool of myself, will you save me?"

"Um, duh," Taehyung stated as if you had asked him the stupidest question. "That's literally what I'm here for."

You stood straighter. "Okay, then I'll do it."

You walked in and they all looked at you, bright smiles on their faces. "(Y/N)!" they cheered.

You waved slightly. "Uh, hi."

"Why are you so nervous?" Jaebum asked. "You know us."

Jinyoung shook his head. "It's because she's telling us about ourselves. That's why."

"You got it, (Y/N/N)!" Jackson encouraged. Mark and Bam Bam were eagerly giving you hand hearts beside him, much like fans would do to their idols at a concert.

"Don't laugh," you murmured, blush on your cheeks.

"If one of them does, I'll hurt them for you," Yugyeom reassured. You could tell your youngest brother was rubbing off on him.

You looked at Taehyung who gestured to your laptop. You nodded, signaling that you were ready to start. He gave you thumbs up before pressing space and the title page filled the screen.

***

"The end," you stated calmly. You had calmed down after the third or fourth slide and even though you couldn't stop stuttering, the applause everyone gave you told you that this time was a success.

"I loved it!" Jinyoung smiled. The others agreed, nodding their heads enthusiastically.

"My favorite part was the collage of me," Bam Bam smirked.

"I liked all of it, actually," Jaebum replied matter-of-factly.

After they complimented you and your hard work, they announced that they had to go back to practice. You frowned at the news, but they reassured that they would be around soon. You gave them all hugs and when they left, you turned to Taehyung. He watched you take a deep breath before exhaling a scream and he laughed, ruffling your hair. "See, I told you that you could do it."

You hugged him tightly. "Thank you, Tae."

"Anything for you, Princess."

---

looking back on the comments, you guys seemed to really like the got7 x bts moments, and one comment said something about taehyung inviting got7 over to see you present it, so thanks for allowing an idea to spring up hehe. i hope you liked it and have a tremendous weekend!!