The Death of a Bunny

!Sad!

---

It was a rainy, fall evening. You grabbed two carrots from the fridge to go feed your rabbits. You slipped on your rain boots and ventured out, walking past the pool while opening your umbrella. "Hey, guys," you cooed, opening the wooden door. "How are you two today?" You didn't expect a response and continued to fix their water and give them their treats. You pet BB as she ate before turning to the black bunny huddled in the corner, motionless.

"Are you okay?" you asked the bunny. "Endymion?" You reached forward, your hand shaky, and touched your bunny. You cringed at the stiffness, thinking the worst. You poked her gently before realizing the fateful truth. You felt tears prick your eyes before you turned and ran back inside.

"Namjoon!" you called, running inside the house. Tears fell down from your eyes and ran down your red cheeks.

Your brother looked at you from his seat on the couch. "What? What's wrong?"

"I think Endy's dead," you sobbed, your body shaking.

"Oh no," Namjoon murmured, standing. He walked to you as you trembled with sadness and hugged you close. "Let me go look."

You followed him as he walked outside to the bunny cage. You stood a short distance away from the cage as you watched him open it. Namjoon gently poked at the black bunny as you had. Her fur was wet, water droplets stuck to strands of hair like dew on a spider's web. Namjoon exhaled a sigh, knowing it was too late to save your precious bunny. He reached in and picked the pet up, your other bunny watching as she ate her carrot. Namjoon heard a loud sob behind him.

"Her eye is still open," you sobbed, turned around to cry more.

Namjoon quickly shut Endy's eye before telling you to get a box. "Can I put a towel in there with her?" you asked. Your brother nodded and you walked back in the house and returned a few minutes later with the desired objects.

Namjoon went to work with fitting your delicate bunny in the plastic box. He felt your eyes watching him the whole time and when he closed the lid, your body crashed into his for a hug. "Do you think she was happy?"

"Of course," your brother answered. He pet your hair as he hugged you close. "We don't know how old they were, anyway. I don't think she was sick."

You nodded, sniffling. "Can I sleep in your room tonight?"

"My door is always open, kiddo," he responded as he pulled away and ruffled your hair.

---

I totally didn't forget to update lol 

***my book is really, really good and I couldn't put it down lol***