The Family Glue (Part Two)

!Sad!

---

It wasn't long for Jin to get admitted and into a room at the hospital. The doctors started his treatment, trying to sustain him and more or less, keep him alive. But the treatments weren't working like they should. You heard a few doctors saying it was because your oldest brother's mental state wasn't where it should be. You wondered why he would do such a thing.

After what seemed like a thousand years, the doctors allowed you to see Jin. You had to go one at a time. Yoongi went first, followed by Namjoon, Hoseok, Taehyung, Jungkook, then you. The others had spent a few minutes in there, but they didn't stay long because they couldn't stand the sight of their broken brother.

You scooted in through the door, shutting it quietly behind you. You took a deep breath, preparing yourself to see Jin, before you looked up and laid your eyes on his unconscious body. The sight was painful. From the IV to the oxygen mask – it was all just pitiful and miserable. You began to cry as you walked over to his bedside. You went to grab his hand, but you hesitated as if you were scared he'd break more under your touch. But you sniffled and latched your pinky onto his like you would when you were little since your hand was too small to hold his much larger one. "Hey," you croaked, your voice shaky. You cleared your throat. "Um..." It seemed like all the words in your vocabulary just left you and you didn't know what to say. "I just uh, want to let you know that I love you, oppa. And I'm scared and I don't know what to do. I'm pretty sure Tae and Kookie both hate me and who knows who else and I'm just scared that you're going to leave me." You wiped your eyes with your free hand. "Please don't leave me. You're the only who's a constant in this house. You never waver. Its like no matter what I do, you always love me and you never get angry. I love you, oppa, and please wake up. I... We need you."

You gave his pinky a little squeeze before letting go and making your way to the door and leaving quietly.

And lastly, the one brother who had been quiet the whole time entered Jin's hospital room. He walked toward his brother, his eyes puffy and red. "Hyung, I-"

The machines by the bed started beeping and making noises. The brother looked around, confused. He didn't know what the beeping meant. He heard the door burst open and he turned to see doctors flooding in saying that there was a problem. The brother just stood there, confused and scared. The doctors excused him from the room, to which he obeyed politely and went back in the hall to find his other siblings gone. He found a seat on the bench across from the door to Jin's room. A good hour passed before the doctors came out and said that it was okay for Jin to have visitors again – that the oldest Kim was making a recovery.

The door shut behind Jimin once more. He observed his hyung's still body. He moved to the chair beside the bed and took a seat. "Hey, hyung," Jimin called out, his voice quiet. "I know you can't hear me, but I wanted to promise you something." Jimin sniffled, tears slipping and falling down his red cheeks. "I promise I'll help with the family issues. No, I'll fix it myself. I'll get it taken care of. I'll get everyone to be happy again. You have my word." Jimin choked on his sobs, not being able to say much more.

Something moved and caught Jimin's eye. The crying brother looked up and saw his oldest brother's fingers move. Jimin felt his heartbeat become faster and quicker. "Hyung," he breathed, placing his hand on the bed.

Jin's eyes fluttered open and quickly met Jimin's. Jin took his younger brother's hand in his. Through the eyes contact, Jimin felt as if Jin was telling him that he was happy his younger brother was by his side.

---

did you really think i'd let jin die