Play

Requested by AyeeItsGirlGamer. I hope you like it and thank you so much for requesting!

---

The dinner table was quiet as everyone was stuffing food in their mouths until Namjoon cleared his throat. "So I have this project for school and I was wondering if you guys could help me," he stated, drawing everyone's attention to him.

"Sure!" Hoseok said immediately. "Well, as long as it doesn't interfere with my finals."

"Same here," Taehyung agreed, his twin nodding in agreement.

Namjoon nodded. "So, for English, my teacher just decided to do something really simple for our last grade. It counts for half of our final grade because she said since we're seniors, we should be able to something really simple and do it with as much effort as we can put forward. It's an easy grade if you just try."

Jin hummed. "So, what do you have to do?"

Namjoon then began to explain how his teacher handed out little papers with different classic books and plays written on them. Whatever book or play you got, you had to round up people and act out a major scene from it. If you got someone from home or something, she would let it slide if they had to look off a script, but the students couldn't.

"And what book did you get?" Jungkook asked, looking at his brother skeptically.

"I didn't get a book," Namjoon chipped. "I got a play."

"Then what play?" Yoongi sat down his fork, expecting some sort of Broadway production to be said.

"Romeo and Juliet," your brother smiled.

You gasped. "Ooh! I just read that in my English class! I can be a pretty good Benvolio."

"You have to be Juliet because there's no way I am," Jungkook snipped.

"Well, I'm Romeo since I've had to play him before," Taehyung chuckled.

"It depends on what scene we choose to do," Jin said.

"And since sis read it, she could help us," Jimin cooed, poking your cheek. You nodded, looking at Namjoon for an approval.

"I'm just glad you all agreed to this without me begging you," he murmured.

"I never said I was," Yoongi hissed, narrowing his eyes at his younger brother.

"Yoongi, you can be Tybalt and kill Mercutio!" you suggested. "But you have to die, after that."

Yoongi smirked before looking at the seven head seated at the table. His eyes finally laid on Jungkook. He put a hand over one of the younger's, causing him to jump. "Jungkook, sweetie, dear, honey, snookums... Can you be Mercutio so I can get you back for messing up all my CDs?"

Jungkook shrugged. "Do I get to kill anyone?"

You shook your head. "No, but as you're dying, you give a really poetic speech while you try to act like your stab wound is 'a scratch, a scratch.'"

"Sounds like you," Hoseok giggled.

"Who kills me?" Yoongi asked, very intrigued.

You looked at a half of the twins. "Romeo, since you didn't listen to him and continued to fight."

Taehyung laughed. "I honestly loved this part the most out of this whole play."

Yoongi sighed. "I guess I'll do it then."

***

And so, after everything was settled, you finally got parts assigned and everyone had three weeks to memorize the majority of their lines. Taehyung was Romeo, Yoongi was Tybalt, you were Benvolio, Namjoon was starring as Prince Escalus, Lady Montague was played by Jimin, Hoseok was Lady Capulet, and Jin was Lord Capulet. As for Jungkook, he was playing Mercutio, but when Benvolio (you) drag him off the stage (or to the side) he would then change and become Jimin's husband, Lord Montague. And the extras were just random friends who weren't planning to do anything that day. You were happy because you got out of school for a day.

"I feel pretty," Jimin giggled as you guys were in the back of Namjoon's classroom. He swayed about in the dress he was wearing.

"At least you don't have to carry Jungkook," you groaned, clad in something a young boy would wear back in the sixteen hundreds.

"I really wish we did the last scene," Taehyung sighed, also wearing an attire similar to yours. "Princess could have been my Juliet."

"I like to see people die, though," you pouted and Yoongi snorted.

"That took a turn," 'Tybalt' chuckled.

Taehyung sighed. "But in the last scene, we would both die."

You shrugged. "I would be okay with it if you didn't die. I would have to wake up though and find you dead."

"Are you not concerned about me?" Jungkook gasped, and your little gaggle of siblings snickered.

And soon, Namjoon's teacher called up his little acting troupe to present. You could agree that you all were a little giddy and excited, even you, who had stage fright. As soon as you started the scene, you could see the teacher smiling and trying not to laugh as you and Jungkook recited your lines. And the laughter continued throughout the whole thing, as Taehyung almost cracked when Yoongi fell over 'dead.' Jin, Hoseok, and Jimin did a great job at being as dramatic as possible, and soon, the whole audience was laughing. And afterward, after you all bowed, the teacher slipped a piece of paper to the fourth oldest. You watched him open it, and when he grabbed you in a hug and spun you around, you were happy to say that you helped him make a 100 on one of his final semester tests.

---

Hope you liked it!!