Bonding (Part Four)

You were in your carrier in Namjoon's shared room so the nine-year-old could watch over you while your mom had run out of the house for a quick run to the grocery for baby wipes since Jungkook had wasted a whole bunch trying to clean himself because he didn't want to take a shower. You were watching Namjoon color his homework, curious as to what everything around you was. Namjoon was quiet, not quite ready to burst out of his shy shell.

You observed Namjoon's quiet actions as he searched for the perfect crayon in the big box of crayons that every little kid in your house shared. Most of them were broken or had teeth marks in them, but Namjoon preferred the ones that were just long enough to sit comfortably in his hands. You're the one who reads a lot, aren't you? The one that comes up to my crib and shows me what book your reading before reading a page or two. You pursed your lips before smiling. "Buber," you murmured.

Namjoon looked up from his assignment. "Hm? Hungry? Or do I need to change you?"

You smiled bigger. "Buber!"

"Buber?" Namjoon echoed. He repeated the word under his breath a few times before his eyes widened. He leaned forward. "You mean brother?"

"Buber!" you giggled, clapping your hands.

Namjoon grinned as he heard the front door slam shut. "Eomma!" he yelled. "(Y/N) said a word!"

---

senior boy in world civ class: *comes up to me as i'm doing something*

senior boy: DON'T DO [whatever i'm doing bc i don't remember]

me: *surprised but unfazed*

me: *looks at him in the eyes*

me: these are my cROCS