SIXTY

"He's all over the globe

"He's all over the globe. Robotics labs, weapons facilities, jet propulsion labs," Maria Hill informed both Steve and Lottie, the trio climbing the stairs through the destroyed living room and toward the lab. "Multiple reports of a metal man, or men, coming in and emptying the place."

"Fatalities?" Steve questioned as they turned up another section of stairs.

"Only when engaged. Mostly guys left in a fugue state going on about old memories, worst fears, and something too fast to see,"

"The twins, the Maximoffs," Lottie deducted, looking between Steve and Maria. "Makes sense he'd go to them, they have someone in common.

"Not anymore,"

Lottie and Steve's eyes widened as they looked down at the photo on the tablet Maria had just handed to them. Baron Strucker laid dead, the word PEACE written on the wall behind him in what the two could only assume was blood.

They thanked Maria, parting ways with her as they headed toward the lab, the tablet in hand to show the team.

"I thought getting this scepter meant some peace and quiet finally?" Steve questioned, a small smile on his lips as he looked down at Lottie. The woman grinned, looking up at him.

"Our lives haven't known peace and quiet since we met Erksine,"

The team looked up as Steve and Lottie entered the lab, handing the tablet over to Tony.

"What's this?"

"A message. Ultron killed Strucker," Lottie informed him, watching as he clicked his tongue and nodded his head, looking down at the image.

"And he did a Banksy at the crime scene, just for us,"

"This is a smokescreen," Natasha quickly cut in, not wanting to listen to the jokes right now. "Why send a message when you've just given a speech?"

"Strucker knew something that Ultron wanted us to miss," Steve told the team as Natasha turned to the computer, going through their files.

"Yeah, I bet he- yep. Everything we had on Strucker has been erased,"

"Not everything," Tony told them, sighing lightly.

An hour later, the team was sat around the lab with boxes of old SHIELD files scattered around them. Each of them took a box, flicking through the files to find anything that could be slightly useful in their search for Ultron.

Lottie followed behind Steve as he placed another box on the table, the last in the pile of boxes full of files on known associates for Strucker and HYDRA.

"Strucker definitely had lots of friends,"

"Well, these people are all horrible,"

Tony quickly looked down at the file in Bruce's hand, lunging forward to take it from them.