FIFTY-SEVEN

The elevator doors opened as Lottie padded her way out and onto the floor of the lab

The elevator doors opened as Lottie padded her way out and onto the floor of the lab. Her hands were tucked into the giant sleeves of one of Steve's many sweatshirts, paired with a comfortable pair of jeans. She knew every-time she had to meet Tony and Bruce in the lab, she'd be there for quite awhile. Comfortable was the only way to go.

Pushing open the door of the lab, both Bruce and Tony looked up to see the woman. She shared a smile with them as she walked over, picking up one of the reports Jarvis had already done on the scepter as she looked up at both men.

"How's Clint?"

"He's going to be just fine," Bruce told her, sending her a small smile. "Helen almost has him good to go. Tony, what's the rumpus?"

"Well, the scepter," Tony turned to take a quick look at both Bruce and Lottie before grabbing one of his holograms, expanding the orange image before them. "You see, we were wondering how Strucker got so inventive. So, I've been analyzing the gem. Inside you may recognize."

"Jarvis," Lottie concluded, taking a step forward toward the orange picture of parts, woven together to create the AI they all knew so well.

"Miss Watson,"

"Started out, JARVIS was just a natural language UI. Now he runs the Iron Legion. He runs more of the business than anyone besides Pepper,"

"Yeah, he's been top of the line technology for years now," Lottie concluded, remembering articles she had read on the complexities of Jarvis, all while she was doing what Tony called her 'homework' in learning the ins and outs of technology.

"I suspect not for long,"

Bruce and Lottie watched as Tony grabbed one of his phone-type devices, holding it up to the scepter and grabbing a digital image of the gem inside. He took one look at Lottie and Bruce before placing the hologram on the floor before them.

"Meet the competition,"

Wide eyed, both Lottie and Bruce walked toward the hologram before them. Fingers reached out, touching the holographic connections of the form that was significantly larger than Jarvis was.

"It's beautiful," Lottie whispered. Tony smiled at the awe on her face.

"If you had to guess, what's it look like it's doing-"

"Like it's thinking," Bruce cut in, walking around the image. "It's like neurons firing. It's like a human brain, but not."

"You know what it looks like?" Tony questioned the scientist, before turning and pointing toward Lottie. "It looks like the scans of her brain."

Lottie eyes widened as the two turned towards her. She looked between the men and the image for a second before turning back to the two before her.

"I beg your pardon?"

"He's right," Bruce cut in once more, walking quickly toward Lottie. "When we did the scans of your brain months ago, to study the way that you process information, it looked like this. Everything in your head was moving, it was always thinking and learning new material. It's almost identical to this."