THIRTY-SEVEN

Start from the beginning

"Captain, it would be my genuine pleasure,"

Lottie and Nat shared one final look, exchanging smiles together that screamed to be safe, before Lottie and Steve were hopping over the side of the overpass and down to the street below.

They ran atop a parked bus, jumping off just moments after Chitauri blew it to pieces. They didn't waste a second, popping back to their feet as they ran together through the debris filled streets of New York.

Lottie held her gun at her side, sliding over the burning car before her and jumping off the pile of debris to her right as Steve pushed off a another car beside her, the pair jumping up to land on top of a destroyed car, right in front of two officers who looked completely taken aback.

"You need men in these buildings," Steve told them, directing them to the surrounding buildings. "There are people inside and they can be running right into the line of fire. You take them to the basement or through the subway, you keep them off the streets."

"Set a perimeter as far back as 39th," Lottie instructed them as Jarvis pulled up a layout of the streets on her screen. "If need be you push it back, but you need to get these people to at least 39th to give them a chance."

The cops looked at one another with wide eyes before the Sergeant turned back to Lottie and Steve.

"Why the hell should I take orders from you two?"

There was a loud growl followed by an explosion from behind them. Lottie and Steve turned just as two Chitauri landed beside them.

Steve reached over with his shield, knocking back the Chitauri on Lottie's side while she spun and shot at the one on Steve's side. They simultaneously turned back to their own aliens, Lottie firing a few rounds into the alien before round-housing it in the head, bringing it to the ground just as Steve cut off the arm of his Chitauri, blasting the alien back with his shield. They turned together to look back at the cops.

The Sergeant immediately turned around, relaying Lottie and Steve's orders into his radio as he ran in the opposite direction of them. The two soldiers turned to one another, smiling for a second before they realized they needed to get back to the fight at hand.

"Okay, we gotta circle back to Natasha and Clint," Lottie told Steve, looking up at the situation above them as she realized more of Loki's army was streaming out of the portal above. "We've got more incoming, Nat and Clint won't be able to hold them for long they're gonna need backup on the ground."

"You know you're the Lieutenant, right? And I'm the Captain?"

"Yeah, and I've got the bigger brain, let's go,"

The duo quickly retraced their steps back to Natasha and Clint, arriving just as the Chitauri had overtaken them both. Steve ran for Clint as Lottie launched herself at Natasha, grabbing one of the Chitauri weapons and blasting them off her friend.

"That kinda reminded me of the Cairo mission five months ago," Natasha reminded Lottie with a playful smile as the girl hauled her to her feet, just as Thor touched down just feet away. Lottie tried to hide a laugh

"I try to forget about that, the rookie shouldn't be saving the master assassin's ass on her first mission,"

"Exactly why we kept it off SHIELD record,"

"What's the story upstairs?" Steve questioned Thor as everyone gathered together.

"The power surrounding the cube is impenetrable,"

"Thor is right, we gotta deal with these guys," Tony called out to the team as Lottie looked up at Steve with a little smile.

"How we doing this?"

"As a team,"

"I have unfinished business with Loki," Clint snorted at Thor's comment, polishing his arrows.

"Yeah? Get in line,"

"Save it," Lottie cut in, looking around at her friends. "Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him these things could run wild."

"Lottie's right," Steve instructed as all eyes fell to him. "We got Stark up top, he's gonna need us to-"

The speech that Steve was preparing was cut off by the sound of an old motorbike. The team turned in unison, looking down the overpass to see none other than Bruce Banner riding through the debris on said motorbike.

"Well, this all seems horrible," Bruce commented, looking around at the team before him. Natasha only shrugged.

"I've seen worse,"

"Sorry,"

"We could use a little worse," Lottie chimed in, throwing Bruce a smile.

"Stark, we got him," Steve called out to Tony.

"Banner?"

"Just like you said,"

"Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you."

The team turned as one of the huge Leviathans came charging around the corner, Tony leading it toward them as the group looked on with wide eyes.

"I don't see how that's a party..."

"Tony, I've been to one of your parties...that's not it," Lottie added on to Natasha statement.

Bruce took one look back at the team before moving toward the creature charging at them. Steve stepped forward to try and stop him.

"Dr. Banner! Now might be a really good time for you to get angry,"

"That's my secret, Cap," Bruce called out, taking one last look back at the team. "I'm always angry."

Lottie watched in amazement as Bruce transformed into the Hulk, his fist colliding with the Leviathan as it crumbled before them, Tony shooting missiles into it's side for good measure. Steve reached back, grabbing Lottie and Natasha and pulling them under his shield as the remains of the creature fell around them.

The Chitauri screamed out from around them as the Leviathan fell lifeless on top of a nearby building. Tony landed on Lottie's left, Steve standing to her right as the team stood back to back with one another, looking around at the destruction as they readied themselves.

They were ready to fight, ready to end it, ready to avenge.

◼ ◼ ◼

HAHAHAHA I loved writing this oml this was great

HAHAHAHA I loved writing this oml this was great. I honestly forgot how long the battle of New York is so it's gonna be in two chapters, which officially means: TWO MORE CHAPTERS OF PART TWO!!!!!!

Guys, I can't wait to show you part three, it's going to be a BLAST! And I have this amazing girl I met on Tumblr who has made me some AMAZING manips of Lottie and Steve and honestly, I can't wait for the chapters I'm going to use them in because you guys will be blown away by her talent it's remarkable.

I really hope you guys are loving Slate as much as I am! Lottie and Steve are just perfect together in my eyes.