jump.

Luke's POV:

"So how'd it go?"

We all hang backstage as Addison had run off to change out of her dress. We're not on for another ten minutes or so so Addison has been hanging back here in order for us to keep her company.

Michael said his girlfriend Crystal is on her way so Addison won't be alone this time as she was last time. I can't help but feel comforted by this especially because I don't want to worry about some asshole repeating what happened last time.

"Good," I say with a shrug of my shoulders, not wanting to really get into it.

Needless to say, I had an incredible time. A time so great that I dreaded it ending. Sitting and talking with Addison just feels so natural and it comes so easy to the both of us. She's sweet, outgoing, has a great personality, and is the most beautiful girl in any room we step in.

Her reaction to my natural look tonight left me absolutely shocked. I couldn't believe that she was at a literal loss for words. I would've never guessed a girl would prefer this messy look over the more clean cut look. However, it's absolutely tempting to stick to the messier look just because I know what it did to Addison.

It's comforting to know she was into the nerdier side of me as well but the way she could barely get a word out when she saw me was enough to make me feel not as guilty for going on a date with such a gorgeous girl. Before I felt as if she was doing me a favor by going out with the geeky guy with glasses. Now, I feel as if she's attracted to something farther than my personality.

"Well, hello, tell us all about it," Michael says as if it were obvious.

I shrug my shoulders and strap my guitar on me, trying to thinking of the right way to describe it. What other word could I possibly use besides perfect?

"It was great," I say adjusting my ear pieces as well. "She's incredible."

"Well no shit, tell us something we don't know," Calum says making me laugh considering I know they want the whole run down. Unfortunately for them, they're not going to get it from me.

"You'll have to get it out of her," I say simply as they all look at me with disappointed looks.

The night's not over and the last thing I want to do is say something wrong and screw it up.

"Did you kiss her?" Ashton asks.

"No."

I wanted to, but there was no way of knowing if she wanted me to. Plus, I didn't think there was a right time. Even just placing my hand on her back felt like too bold of a move for me. I was terrified of screwing up the date and felt kissing her could've played a part in that.

"Why the hell not?" Calum asks.

"Well when was I supposed to do it?" I ask looking at him as if he has four eyes. "What am I supposed to do? Just kiss her when she least expects it?"

"Yes!" All the guys say simultaneously, taking me by surprise.

"Chicks love that shit," Calum says making me look to him in shock.

They do? Who wants to be caught off guard like that? Plus, what if I mess it up and bang my head against hers or something? Knowing my luck, that's exactly how it would go.

"What if I hurt her?" I ask realizing I probably sound dumb.

Calum bursts into laughter and I can tell the other two are holding back a laugh. I roll my eyes in frustration and turn away from them just as Ashton grabs my arm.