introductions.

I walk up to Bryant's house and open the door considering he keeps it unlocked anyway. I hear loud music as always but call for him regardless as I walk towards his room.

"Bryant!" I try again.

The music shuts off and he yells back, "I'm in my room babe!"

Hurrying up the stairs knowing we have limited time before we get to class, I see his door is open and am immediately hit with the smell of weed making me cringe.

"Are you ready? I don't want to be late for-"

As I step in the doorway, I see he's laying in bed shirtless and wearing sweatpants low on his waist as his hand grips his bong. My shoulders slump as I notice one of his friends had come over and it clearly shows he's nowhere near ready.

"Sup Addie?" his friend Tanner asks me.

I shoot him a sharp smile before saying to Bryant, "Come on, we got to get to class. I don't want to be late on our teacher's first day."

"We have plenty of time," he says reaching for his phone that sits on his windowsill. "It's only... fuck."

"Yeah," I say bluntly. "So we have to run if we're going to make it on time."

"One more hit," he says lighting up his lighter.

I resist the urge to groan but let him take one more hit regardless. I head towards his dresser to toss him a shirt to change into. He catches it with ease and release the smoke in his mouth before throwing it on.

I never minded that he smokes weed it's just that he prioritizes weed over everything. I'll ask him to come over and he'll say after he gets high. We'll have to go to class, but we can't leave until he gets high. It's mildly infuriating.

"Alright, I'm ready," he says coughing as he covers his mouth with his fist.

Tanner gives him a pat on the back before taking the bong from him to hit it as well.

"Want a hit Addie?" Tanner asks gesturing the bong towards me.

"No thanks," I say regardless of the fact that they know I don't smoke weed. Both of them seem to forget regularly that I hate weed and have no interest in smoking it.

Bryant throws on a pair of shoes before wrapping an arm around my waist and saying, "Let's meet our new jackass teacher."

"Yeah, what'd the email say?" I ask as we walk down the stairs of his house.

Bryant removes his arm from his waist only to run a hand through his hair and say, "Something about some dude named Professor Hemmings coming in to take over. Apparently Anderson got a new job offer and no one else would take the job."

I furrow my eyebrows, "So what's that supposed to mean? Is this Hemmings guy not qualified?"

"Guess we'll find out," Bryant says with a shrug as he leads me outside of his house. "Either way the class is a joke."

I never thought the class was a joke. In fact, I fairly enjoyed it. Professor Anderson was well educated on the subject and really interesting to listen to. I hope our new professor knows what he's doing.

"How'd you do on that last test by the way?" I ask referring to the test we had studied hours for together. Bryant frequently got distracted and wanted to make out instead of sit with me and study.

Bryant snorts and says, "I think I got like a 54 or something. I don't even know, nor do I care."

I cringe at the mention of the grade. A 54? How the hell did he manage that? We truly stayed up all night studying for this test.