change.

The next morning, I wake up to an empty bed which confuses me as I try to make sense of the fact that Luke's not beside me. After we gave Tilly a proper amount of attention, we both decided to go to bed and start the day early the next day.

However, I can't help but get nervous at what the time could be considering Luke's awake, and here I am still in bed. I'm not surprised he didn't wake me up but I wish more than anything that he did.

Taking the blanket off my body, I'm about to get out of bed when I hear the door open. I immediately turn my head to see Luke walking in with two coffees in hand as his hair is pulled back for the first time in seemingly forever.

"Morning beautiful," Luke says as he approaches me.

I shoot him a smile before closing my eyes and pursing my lips. Luke catches on as he presses his lips to mine then hands me over my coffee.

"Good morning, thank you for this," I say immediately holding it to my lips. "I hope you haven't been up for long."

Luke shakes his head as he sits beside me and says, "I got up no longer than ten minutes ago. Actually came in here to get you up."

"Are your parents awake?" I ask.

"Yeah, they're cooking breakfast for us. Jack will be here soon."

I don't know why but my heart races a million miles an hour at this. I'm going to meet Jack. Jack is so incredibly important to Luke and that's enough to make me practically sweat.

"Are you ready to see him back home?" I ask softly as I reach for his hand.

Luke shrugs his shoulders and his face lacks any expression. He squeezes my hand as he looks down at the two of our hands laced together.

"I'm not sure."

I don't say anything as his thoughts no doubt process through his head. All I can do is be there for him today and I'm going to do that as best as I possibly can.

It's going to be a weird day for the Hemmings family. Jack is finally free and he's finally been proved innocent.

He sighs before letting go of my hand and placing his hands on his thighs in order to push himself up. I watch him do so as he offers me a hand to grab.

I take it and stand up as well. He doesn't say anything as I hold his hand and find his gaze that seems to be lost. I can tell millions of thoughts are racing through his mind and I'd pay to be able to hear them.

"I'll be right by your side," I say as I shoot him a soft smile.

Luke nods his head and tugs me towards him to place a kiss on my forehead. I close my eyes softly to appreciate the feeling before he pulls away.

He nods his head towards his bedroom door as if to suggest the two of us leave. I take my own deep breath considering I'm not sure if I'm even ready for the morning to come.

I take comfort in the fact that I can smell the food and hear the quiet chatter of his two parents. It feels nice to be back in a family home as opposed to a loud house filled with hungover college students.

"My mom wants to do the crossword with us today," Luke says making me look up immediately. "I hope you don't mind."

This only makes me laugh at the thought of the three of us doing it together. Of course I could never mind someone else joining in, as long as it isn't one of our annoying friends who couldn't guess one of the answers even if their life depended on it.

"Does she know we can complete one of those faster than a normal person could read it?" I joke as we walk towards the kitchen.

"She does and she's still up for the challenge," Luke says.