fixing.

Addison's POV:

The flight was painful.

I spent most of it hiding my face as I cried and tried to make sense of everything. How could it all have just fallen apart in front of me? I don't know what the hell I ever did to deserve this pain but it makes me sick to my stomach.

I never expected a downfall like this to happen between Luke and I.

I truly saw us as a couple that could get through anything. But instead, he painted me as a villain for caring for my own brother. I have not a single doubt in my mind he'd do the same if the roles were reversed.

It's almost painful pulling up to my house considering I know it's real and Luke's in North Carolina while I'm here in Atlanta, Georgia.

I sigh as I hadn't even had the time to call my parents and let them know I was coming home. I got an uber the second my plane landed and now have to face my parents who probably haven't heard of the disaster.

I thank my uber who probably wondered why the girl in the back of his car was crying the whole ride home. I get out and grab my luggage as I take a deep breath and stare at my home.

Here goes nothing.

Spotting both my parents cars in our driveway, I can only imagine how they're going to react to this all. I just hope more than anything I don't have to face another person yelling at me and trying to dictate how my relationship with my brother should be.

Calum had tried calling me a few times but I didn't answer considering I don't feel like addressing questions right now. I don't want to talk with anyone about what happened considering it's just going to make me cry all over again.

I need to focus on Chasen right now. Not someone who can't be my support system and be there for me when I need them the most.

Stepping towards my house, I walk with confidence and plan in my head what it is I'm going to say to my parents about this all. They are coming with me to visit him today whether they like it or not. Chasen needs all of us and they need to see the impact they are having on him.

I reach for the doorknob and hover my hand above it for a few moments knowing there's no turning back now. I'm here and it's time to handle this all.

Opening the door slowly, I can hear my mom and dad's voices coming from the kitchen. It makes me excited to see them but I can't help but also be upset with them. They play a huge part in Chasen feeling so alone.

"Mom, dad," I call out making them go silent.

I hear my mom hurry before coming into view and spotting me. Her hand immediately goes to her mouth as she gasps and practically falls to the ground.

"My sweet girl!" she says running over to me and pulling me in for a hug.

I place my luggage on the ground and hug her back as she hugs me like her life depends on it. I know they were in no way expecting me which I'm happy I can provide them with a fun surprise. It won't be fun for long.

"What are you doing here?" she asks me as she pulls away. "Why didn't you tell us you were coming?"

My dad is quick to pull me in for a hug as well as I hug him back. I pull away from him and take a deep breath as I try to find the right words.

"I came back because I got a concerning phone call this morning."

My moms face immediately turns to concern as she takes a step back and watches me intently. My dad does the same as they look worried and confused as to what this could mean.