THIRTY

Start from the beginning

"And argument can be made for fifteen," Tony quickly corrected, noticing the looks he was getting from both of them. Pepper only rolled her eyes, joining Lottie on the couch as she handed Pepper one of the glasses of champagne she had poured, the pair watching Tony fumble over his words. "Well, I did do all the heavylifting. Literally, I lifted theheavy things and sorry but, thesecurity snafu? That was on you."

"Oh?"

"Oh yes, you did all the heavy lifting. I didn't work on the plans every night for two straight months at all," Lottie mumbled under her breath, though she knew both Tony and Pepper could hear her as the woman beside her let out a small chuckle.

"It's my private elevator-"

"-our elevator,"

"- it was teeming with sweatyworkmen. And Lottie...yeah whatever, I concede. I'm going to pay for thatcomment about percentages in somesubtle way later aren't I?"

"It won't be subtle," Lottie deadpanned, taking down the last of her champagne as her and Pepper high fived one another.

"Look, I'll cut you a deal, Pep. Next buildingis gonna say 'Potts' on the tower,"

"How about Potts and Watson on the lease," both women laughed at Pepper's comment, doing another high five as Tony just stared at the two of them.

"You two will be the death of me,"

"Sir, the telephone. I'm afraid myprotocols are being overridden,"

Lottie and Pepper watched as Tony rolled his eyes, picking up his cell phone and hitting the answer button.

"Mr. Stark, we need to talk," Lottie perked up slightly at the sound of Phil Coulson's voice on the other end of the line.

"You have reached the Life ModelDecoy of Tony Stark. Please leave amessage,"

"This is urgent, I need you and Watson,"

"Then leave it urgently,"

Lottie rolled her eyes as Tony hung up the phone, looking over to her.

"You're insufferable, Tony,"

"You survived my dad, I doubt anything trumps that,"

The bickering was cut off immediately when the elevator doors opened across the room, Phil Coulson stepping out into the living room. The trio on the couch looked over, Tony throwing out his hands.

"Security breach!"

"Phil!" Lottie called out with a smile, moving to hug the man before her as Pepper followed along.

"Phil, come on in! We were just celebrating,"

"His first name is agent?"

Lottie ignored Tony's comments as she gave the familiar SHIELD agent a hug, pulling back with a smile as Pepper followed her movements. Tony finally joined them, just staring at Phil as he looked between Iron Man and Slate.

"I can't stay long," Phil took a laptop out of his briefcase, turning to Lottie and handing it over to her. "We need you and Stark to look this over, assoon as possible."

"Official consulting hours arebetween eight and five every otherThursday," Lottie rolled her eyes as she bumped shoulders with Tony, moving past him as she began to open the laptop.

"This isn't a consultation,"

"Is this about the Avengers?" Lottie shot Pepper a look, as she wasn't supposed to know about the Avengers, and she quickly tried to backtrack. "Which I know nothing about."