lollipops and short skirts.

Start from the beginning

    I check the clock to see there's no more than twenty minutes left of class and Addison still isn't here. She didn't transfer classes, did she?

    I contemplate texting Ashton to see if he's heard of anything but don't want to look desperate. She's a student, students always miss class.

    I unbutton one of my buttons on my shirt considering I truly feel like I'm getting hotter by the second. It's as if me worrying about her is only making me warm up and sweat. I sound absolutely crazy right now.

    Sitting back in my seat, I attempt to close my eyes for a second in order to clear my head. I need this class to be over.

    Just as I manage to shut my eyes, I hear the door open, grabbing my attention immediately. I relax at the sight of Addison walking in with a guilty look on her face. She looks around the room nervously, clearly terrified someone is judging her.

    I practically suck in a deep breath when I notice her attire to be a short, white ruffle skirt and a white tank top tucked in. God dammit Addison, today is not the day to show up to my class in a short skirt like that.

    Her eyes then move to find mine and she looks to me with a sorry smile. I don't say anything considering I know I can't say out loud that it's okay she's late or everyone's going to get the idea that they can be late as well.

    She hurries over to me, making me watch her carefully as a few seem to do the same. I notice a slip of paper in her hands as she hands it over.

    "Sorry," she whispers. "I had a doctors appointment, I know I should've told you beforehand-"

    "It's alright," I say clearing my throat as I hand her a sheet of paper. "Just try to get done as much as you can. Whatever you don't complete, you can finish for homework."

    Addison nods her head, taking the slip of paper from me and hurrying to her seat. I try to keep my attention on absolutely anything but Addison as she sits down and crosses one leg over the other.

    Why did she have to wear a skirt on today of all days?

    I'm relieved she's here and alright but her presence seems to be making me anything but alright. I feel only more nervous now that she's here and want this class to end more than anything now.

    I look up to her to see her biting her lip carefully as she keeps her finger on her bottom lip, jutting it out. She fills in the answers of the homework without the help of her phone or book which makes me smile considering she's probably the only one in the room to do so.

    "What do I do if I'm done?" I hear someone ask making me look away from Addison.

    "You may hand it in and leave."

    At this, a bunch of people get up at the same time to hand it in. I'm shocked by how many people were probably done and waiting for class to end. Unless they all plan on handing in an unfinished assignment sheet. Either way, I can't find it in me to care considering I want to leave just as much as them.

    A few people even copy off one another but I just let it happen instead of attempting to fix it. They could at least be a little more subtle about it but apparently that's too much to ask.

    I notice Bryant making his way down and his eyes remain on Addison. His eyes are soft as opposed to angry and he seems like he's holding something back. It seems as if he wants to say something but is scared to say it.

    I watch in anticipation, wondering if he's going to gather the courage to do so. Addison doesn't seem to notice in the slightest as she continues to fill out the sheet. I'm even shocked when I watch him step towards her from behind. However, he's quick to pause in his steps and decide against it.