Chapter 20 : A promise and the change

The weeks passed quickly and I fell into a routine, often spending my afternoons with Jack, Violet, Sophie, Brad, Sam, Kurtis and Jade at the mall or watching a movie together.

Today was the day that we had been waiting for it was the 10th of February, my birthday. More importantly it was the day that I was going to change into a vampire.

“Good morning birthday girl!” Jack said cheerily when I opened my eyes that morning.

“I am so excited. I’ve been waiting for this day for the past month!” I told him with a smile.

“I can't believe that this is the last morning that I am going to spend with you that you’re human.” He told me and kissed me softly.

“I can't believe it either.”

“Go get changed because I’m taking you somewhere special today.” He said with a cheeky smile.

I did as he told me, I picked out a short light blue dress that I had never worn before.

“You look really beautiful.” He told me when he saw me. I kissed him on the lips with a smile.

“Glad you like it. You look handsome as well.” I told him and wrapped my arms around him.

We went downstairs as usual but decided to skip breakfast because we were going out.

“Happy 17th birthday Willow! You are growing up so fast! I can’t believe we’ve only been your parents for a few months, it feels like forever!” Amy said. Both her and Dane hugged and kissed me on the cheek.

“Here is your birthday present!” Dane said and Amy produced a small velvet box.

I quickly opened the box and took out a beautiful silver bracelet that had a moon covered with sapphires.

“Oh my God! It’s beautiful! Thank you guys so much!” I said a huge grin on my face.

“Darling, be sure to be back home at four o'clock. That is the time when you were born and the time when your change will start.” Amy told me while she hugged me.

“Take care of her.” Dane told Jack.

“With my life.” Jack smiled at me.

We headed out of the mansion and into the black BMW, the ride took about fifteen minutes and the chauffeur dropped us off near a restaurant.

The restaurant's name was Belle La Vie and it seemed really posh and expensive looking. The waiter took us to our table. It was in front of a huge floor to ceiling window that looked out onto the beach. It was perfect.

We ordered our food and shortly after the waiter brought us our food. We talked and laughed and after we had paid we went for a walk onto the nearby beach.

“Look over there! Is that a dolphin?” Jack exclaimed I looked quickly to where he had pointed but nothing was there.

When I turned around to face Jack he had a black velvet box in his hand. I never thought that he was going to do what he did next.

“Willow Rose Anderson today I am going to make you a promise. A promise that I will always love you and that someday you will truly belong to me and I will belong to you. I know that things are going to change for us from this day onwards but I promise you that I will be there for you and that my heart is yours now. Willow will you accept this promise that we will be together forever?” He told me while he opened the black velvet box to reveal a beautiful silver promise ring.

I couldn't believe this he had just promised me that if I accepted we will get married someday. I was so happy and had tears of joy streaming down my face.

“Yes! Definitely!” I squealed and then kissed him.

The kiss was very passionate and powerful and I felt like my heart was going to grow wings and fly away because I was so happy. We stopped only so he could put the ring on my second finger on my left hand. We were both grinning and had happy tears before we kissed again. When he was moving his hands down my body I felt a sharp pain in my heart like someone had just stabbed me, I moaned in pain, the change was starting.

“Willow what’s wrong?” Jack asked me in a panicked voice.

‘Jack it's starting!” I told him with a pained expression.

He picked me up bridal style immediately and took me back to the black BMW that was waiting for us. When I looked at the digital clock in the car I saw that it was ten past four, we were ten minutes late. The chauffeur was driving as fast as he could and along the ride Jack held me tightly and whispered soothing things to me. I was in so much pain it was like I was burning all over and sometimes I let out a painful scream.

When we arrived at the mansion Jack carried me again. My parents saw us and followed Jack up the stairs.

He put me gently on the bed but I was bending over with the pain, it was now a hundred time worse than when we were in the car and it felt like I was going to die.

I could feel someone putting a blanket on me and I felt Jack holding my hand. I couldn't hear anything and I only saw blackness when I tried to open my eyes. When I felt the biggest pain in my heart I screamed a bloodcurdling scream and I felt Jack squeezing my hand.

After that I went numb and passed out.