Chapter 21 : Waking up

Jack's POV

Five long hours had passed and Willow was still on her bed unconscious she looked dead, her hand was cold as ice and she looked very pale and fragile.

“Jack we think that it's better if you go back home. Willow may be dangerous when she wakes up.” Dane explained.

“But I want to be here when she wakes up. I promised…”

“We know but trust us it's better if you leave. We will call you when she wakes up and if she needs anything.” Amy told me.

I couldn't disagree with them because I knew that what they said was the truth. I packed all my things and before I left I looked one last time at Will and kissed her on the forehead as gently as I could. I was afraid that if I touched her she would break.

I couldn't wait for her to wake up because I hated seeing her like that...

Willow's POV

I started to feel my body again but I was very stiff and my throat was very dry from thirst.

“I think she is going to wake up soon!” I heard Amy say excitedly.

I opened my eyes and saw Dane and Amy smiling at me but I was disappointed when I saw that Jack wasn't there.

“How are you feeling sweetie?” Amy asked me softly.

“I'm fine I just have a dry throat. I really need to drink something.”

“That's because you will need blood soon.” Dane told me.

Not again about drinking blood I still wasn't ready. I got out of the bed and went to look at my reflection in the mirror, I looked different.

My skin was flawless and very pale, my gray eyes now had red in them and my hair was a more fiery ginger now. I couldn't believe this but I looked so much prettier. I barely recognized myself.

“How long have I been unconscious?” I asked them.

“About a day.” Amy told me.

“Where did Jack go?” I asked them when I noticed that all his stuff was no longer in my room.

“We told him to go back to his house because we didn't know if you were going to be dangerous when you woke up.”

“I am clearly not dangerous so you can call him and tell him to come back.”

“We will but not today. You have to get used to your new self first and learn how to control your craving for blood.” Dane told me.

“I really need to drink my throat is burning!” I practically yelled before I went downstairs and drank a whole bottle of water. My throat was still burning after it though. It was driving me mad.

“What should I do my throat is still hurting me after I drank a whole bottle of water!” I told them in a panicked voice.

“Water won't do anything, you need blood!” Dane said forcefully.

“I think we need to call Jack.” Amy told him.

By now I was feeling very weak and tired and once again I passed out.

Jack's POV

I heard the phone ring and I ran as fast as I could to pick it up because it could be Willow calling me.

“Jack can you please come here as fast as you can? Willow just passed out again, this isn't normal behavior for a vampire.” Amy said in a worried voice.

“I'm on my way.” I told her before grabbing my coat and running to my car.

When I entered the mansion the first thing I saw was Will lying on the living room sofa, she was awake but she looked very tired and weak. I couldn't believe this but she looked more beautiful than before. 

“Hey Jack. You finally came.” She told me with a weak smile when she saw me.

“Hey love how are you feeling?” I told her before I gave her a gentle kiss.

“I'm better now that you’re here.”

“Jack can we talk to you in the dining room?” Dane asked me.

“Sure, I'll be right back.” I told Willow before I followed her parents.

“Jack, Willow is feeling the need to drink human blood before normal vampires do. We think that she will die if she doesn't drink blood soon. We were wondering if you can take her to your home so you will be alone and have some privacy.” Amy told me.

“Of course. I'll take her now so she doesn't get any weaker.” I told them.

When I went back into the living room she was fast asleep, I didn't want to wake her up so I carried her bridal style and put her gently on the backseat of my car. Thankfully my dad was working late that night so we had some time alone together.

When we arrived at the house she was still sleeping so I carried her to my bedroom and laid her on my bed as gently as I could.

I couldn't wait for her to wake up so I could make her feel better...