138) SPECIAL XVI: You Are My Favorite "What If"

March 3, 2019

A/N: Hey guys! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated since January as you can see the date in the previous imagine.  But I still love the support you guys are giving me in this book and my others.

Thank you so much for the 116,000+ reads and 2,760+ votes!! I never thought that this book will exceed over one hundred thousand reads! This is such a dream!

Thomas Sangster X Robbie Kay X Peter Pan X Newt X Reader

(Y/N) took a sip of her coffee and proceeded to take in another drag of her cigarette. After a few seconds, she started to write once again the lyrics to her song. The boys knew not to disturb her when she's working on a song. They knew that she needed her silence and her space.

Well, she used to like this silence and solitude, but as of now the silence was defending her. She was working on this song for a week and she had no idea where she wanted it to go. Too many ideas were running in her head. The song could work as a soft and slow song or even as a punk rock song. It could work either way and her band has shaken up their sounds but people still love them.

There was this problem that (Y/N) was trying to solve. If the song was a punk rock song, it had a different message from the soft slow song. As a punk rock song, the message was about this guy and girl who broke up and the girl, or whoever sings the song, sounds like they're mocking their ex. But if it was a slow and soft song, then the message was about a girl and a guy and the singer was reminiscing their past before they split. It wasn't mocking but it was sweet.

"I need a break."

(Y/N) stood from her seat and left her room. Then she proceeded to go to the studio where her band mates were. She found Peter on the phone with his electric guitar sitting on his lap. Robbie was on the drums with his headphones on, lost in the beat that he was playing. Finally, Newt was practicing with the bass guitar.

The three boys immediately stopped what they were doing when they saw (Y/N) enter. They had expectant looks on their faces. (Y/N) knew that they were all wondering about the song. She didn't like the pressure that was being placed on her, but she brought it on herself saying that she had an idea for a song.

"It's not yet done," she told them. "Sorry. I just needed a break."

"Do you need some help?" Newt asked.

"I'll tell you later."

The boys nodded at her response and they watched as she sat down on the keyboard. In the band, (Y/N) was the lead singer, but there were instances she would play the piano or the guitar as she performed. (Y/N) placed her fingers on the keys and just started to play the melody that kept on playing in her head for the past week.

(Y/N) was getting irritated at herself. She had to make a song because the band needed to release a new song to be reliant again. It's been a year and still nothing has happened. In fact, none of it would have happened if Newt didn't call everyone to gather and try to start making music again. The band was in a pretty bad place when Thomas left.

Thomas Sangster was the band's former bassist and (Y/N)'s best friend and secret lover.

The band was formed five years ago when the five best friends thought of starting one. Thomas was the one who wrote the songs in the band's first three albums. The others wrote some songs of their own, but they all knew that Thomas was the best songwriter in the band. Not only was Thomas the bassist but also the backup singer with (Y/N) as the lead.

Everyone knew how good Thomas was and that he was meant for something bigger than the band, but the thought of him leaving them for a solo deal never occurred to them. They were all shocked when they found out when he told them in a band meeting. They were all shocked and dismayed since he signed a deal without any of them knowing, well there was one who did know.

"It's all my fault," (Y/N)'s fingers stopped playing and she just blurted out her secret. "It's all my fault that Thomas left."

The three boys looked at her incredulously. They were confused as to why she would say this. "What do you mean?" Peter was the one who asked.

"I knew about the deal first. I knew before he did. The industry who wanted Thomas called and I pretended that I was Fiona (the band's manager) and they told me that they were interested in taking in Thomas. They were just waiting for his contract with us to end."

"But how is it your fault?" Robbie sat right beside (Y/N) to comfort her.

"I told him and he said that he didn't want to take the deal. But I pushed him to do it."

(Y/N) told the band everything. Starting from Thomas's confession of how he felt for her, to the part where the both of them secretly went out because Thomas was going out with Ava, until their fight in the place where they had their last concert.

"If we didn't fight, he probably wouldn't have left. It's all my fault."

The three boys were still pretty shocked with the revelation. (Y/N) and Thomas had been shipped a lot by a lot of their fans. They had no idea that it was true all along. (Y/N) and Thomas had fooled the entire world.

"I'm sorry I ruined the band."

"No." Peter spoke up. "You didn't ruin the band. Thomas was the one who made the decision to leave and that's what he did. It wasn't the fight, you two fight all the time and make up. Bad things happen, but we are sill together. Thomas is on his own, but we still have each other. I watched this band rise to stardom and there's no way I'll watch it fade away, we can get through this!"

"Yeah!" Newt agreed. "We can write our own bloody songs! We've done it before! And I know how to play the bass."

Robbie smiled. "There's no way that this band is going to break up because of someone leaving. We call this band 'The Maze' and a maze has so many twists and turns before we can reach the finish line. So, we can do this!"

Peter took (Y/N)'s hand and pulled everyone else into a group hug. (Y/N) loved having such amazing band mates and good friends. And this was the wonderful friendship that she had for years to come, but she still couldn't stop thinking about that what if.

What if she and Thomas didn't confess what they felt?

What if they didn't fight?

What if she didn't tell him about that solo deal?

What if....

(Y/N) had many regrets in her life, but she never regretted loving him.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade