64) Hate Turns Into Love

A/N: Imagine inspired by C. C. Babcock and Niles. Characters in the show, The Nanny.

Newt X Reader (AU)

Newt and (Y/N) have been neighbors ever since two years ago. The way they met wasn't really good.

The saying that first impressions last is a true saying for the both of them.

That day, (Y/N) was trying to learn how to skate. It was her very first date with Aris, who's a guy she's had a crush on for a while. Newt was there in the ice skating rink along with his friends and were skating. While Aris was just taking a short trip to the bathroom, (Y/N) was trying to learn how to glide, only to bump Newt making the both of them fall on the ice.

"What the shuck," Newt groaned.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry," she apologized.

Newt was able to stand up but (Y/N) kept on falling every time she tried. Seeing that (Y/N) was having a hard time, he helped her up.

"Thanks," she snapped at him.

"What's with you change of attitude? I just helped you up. Have you no manners?"

"I have manners thank you very much," she shot at him. "But I didn't miss that eye roll before you helped me up."

"So?" Newt shrugged.

"Is this guy bothering you (Y/N)?"

(Y/N) was glad that Aris was finally there.

"Hey," Newt said catching Aris' attention. "She," he pointed at (Y/N). "Bumped into me."

"It was an accident!" She defended herself.

"When I helped you, you didn't even show an ounce of buggin' gratitude!" He shot back.

"It's because you rolled your eyes at me."

That's where all the trouble started.

Every single day they'd see each other, they'd either try to annoy one another or just ignore each other. The way they annoy each other is by "accidentally" tripping one another or "accidentally" hitting one another. Let's just say that there were a lot of "accidents."

When the both of them graduated high school and went off to college, they thought that they'd be able to be free of on another only to find that they've entered the same college and same course. Other than that, both their parents made them live in the same apartment, not knowing of the rivalry between the both of them.

Now as (Y/N) was getting her mail, she was still thinking about what dress she would wear for the event that the school was going to have next week and she was assigned as the speaker. Just when she was about to go back inside her house, she felt someone tap her shoulder. She turned around and saw Aris who seemed to have something in his mind.

"Aris?" (Y/N) wondered if what she was seeing real. "What are you doing here?"

"I need to tell you something (Y/N)."

"What is it?"

Aris took a deep breath before opening his mouth once again. "I'm breaking up with you."

"W-What?" (Y/N) croaked out. She couldn't believe it. Aris was the boy who was her very first love. "What happened?" She asked him.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I cheated on you."

That just broke (Y/N) even more.