65) Injured

A/N: HOLY SHUCK NEWT DAY IS TOMORROW! Well in my country that is.

Newt X Reader

(Y/N)'s POV (It's been so long since I've done one of these)

Pain.

Indescribable pain shot from my knee.

I couldn't help the scream that escaped my lips. But screaming can't do anything, I need to get back at the Glade.

Just a few more steps and I'd be able to make it. Only a few more steps and I have a lot of time. Every step caused me to scream and want to cry a shuck little kid. Taking deep breathes, I took my steps which were a step closer to the Glade.

Just when I was near, I heard footsteps. It wasn't of a Griever's, thank the heavens. It was just Thomas who was coming back from running his section.

"Thomas!" I yelled out.

I practically yelled for about three times before Thomas saw me and ran out to help me.

"Are you alright?" He asked me.

"I'm doing great shuckface. Why don't we go and take a stroll around the Maze?" I said sarcastically.

Thomas chuckled and rolled his eyes. "Minho is definitely rubbing off on you," he said.

He started to carry me bridal style going to the Glade.

"Woah. Better back off Frypan's food for a while. Shuck you weigh a ton," he joked to which I slapped his shoulder.

When we reached the Glade, I was immediately brought over to the Med-Jack's hut to which they tried to fix my leg. Good thing I was passed out when that was happening since I can't handle anymore pain.

-

When I woke up, I saw that my knee was covered in some bandages and a support. I tried to love my leg but pain shot throughout my entire body again making me scream in pain.

"(Y/N), you're awake," Clint showed up out of nowhere. He seemed a little off.

"Yeah," I said. "So what's my diagnosis doc?" I asked him. I really really want to know when I can run again.

I know that being a Runner is like a suicide mission but I like the mystery. The feeling of being free, somehow.

"Well," Clint gulped.

This didn't seem good.

"What?" I wanted to know.

Clint seems so nervous to say what he was going to say. This just made me more nervous.

"(Y/N) you can't run anymore. Your knee has a small chance of ever fully healing."

I felt my breathing stop. I was so shocked.

A life or a world where I can't run anymore seemed so unreal. It's like a dream but it isn't a dream, it's a shucking nightmare.

"No. No. No," I shook my head, hoping that this was just some sick joke. "Clint no," I looked at him but he was serious. His eyes held pity and sadness for me.