74) My Rock, My Strength, My Everything

A/N: Requested by missnightshift who's been one of my frequent supporters in this book and The Real Savior. Imma be working hard so that this imagine would be perfect.

I really want to give those who have requested their own imagine, their own little infinity with the boy they've chosen. Because everyone of you deserves a little infinity of your own.

I'm also adding a medley which Kurt Hugo wrote for Christina Gimme.

Newt X Mary

Newt came in running from the Maze the other day and was greeted by his best friend Mary. She hugged him really tight and greeted him with a friendly kiss. Mary wasn't a Runner but instead she was a Track-Hoe. She wasn't the only girl in the Glade though, there was also a girl named Brenda who came in next after Mary. Being the only girls inside, the two became really good friends. Brenda is also a Runner just like her boyfriend, Thomas.

"Hey Newt. How's it going?" She asked him when he got back inside.

"Eh," he shrugged. "It's still the same. No way out."

"Yet," Mary added.

Newt smiled at his best friend's optimism. He knows that it's needed when they're in this situation but she's been here for about two years which is as long as him and he's already lost all hope.

Mary left her best friend as he went to the Map Room with Minho, Brenda, Thomas and the other Runners. Other than being a Runner, Newt is also the Second-In-Command in the Glade. Tomorrow, he'll have his day off as a Runner and work as the Second-In-Command around the Glade.

"Mary!" Mary heard her name being called by Zart who's the Keeper of the Track-Hoes.

"Coming!" She yelled back as she ran towards the fields.

-

The following day, Mary woke up a little early that no one else is awake. She instantly prepared herself for the day by washing her face, arms and legs at the lake and changing her clothes in the woods. When she got back, she saw Newt sleeping in his hammock and decided to sit right beside his sleeping figure. She doesn't find it weird to watch her best friend sleep since she's done that tons of times before and Newt has too.

Mary tiptoed and silently sat right beside Newt's hammock. She saw Newt sleeping soundly in his hammock and smiled to herself. Newt snored a little making Mary silently chuckle. Newt then turned a little causing his right arm to dangle out of the hammock. Mary's eyes went to his strong and muscular arms and sort of admired them. That was until her eyes landed on Newt's wrist.

It wasn't that dark but the sun hasn't shown up yet either, so it wasn't that bright either. But Mary was able to see the scratch marks that was on his wrists. Mary scooted a little closer and saw that some were fresh while some were healing. Her eyebrows were furrowed at why he would do this. Newt began to move again and Mary thought that he was starting to wake up, so she hid herself behind the bushes. Seeing that Newt didn't wake up, Mary didn't go back to her place right beside Newt and went to the fields.

Sadness overcame Mary as the sight of Newt's wrist keep on showing in her mind. Tears fell from her eyes and she didn't bother to wipe them at first and just let them fall.

"What happened to you Newt?" Mary whispered so that it was only her who could hear it. "What are you doing to yourself?"

After a while, Mary saw the brightness of the sun starting to rise. She watched it while a few tears still fell. She was beating herself up since she never noticed that her best friend was struggling with something and she never noticed. She also wondered why he wouldn't come to her for help. Didn't she show her facade of being very optimistic? Did he see through her and realized that she couldn't help?