forgotten wallets.

Start from the beginning

This makes me wonder just what they had to do in order to be put in the acknowledgements. How much extra help did they provide? Or did he just put them there because it seemed necessary to thank someone.

Flipping the page, I'm half startled when Calum slams his hands on the table in front of me. I look to him with my hand over my heart in pure shock. How is he here already? I barely was able to start this book.

"God Adds, you would not believe the day I have had," he says sitting down at the chair, shirtless may I add.

I take this moment to look at my watch before saying, "It's not even 11 yet."

Just as he opens his mouth, a woman behind the counter seems to clear her throat. We both look over to see her pointing to a sign on the counter that specifically says you must have shoes and shirts on at all time.

"Sorry," Calum says as she turns around. However, he's quick to flip off the back side of her before digging into his backpack to grab a new shirt to throw on.

"Tell me about this crazy day you've had then," I say shutting my book and pushing it to the side, knowing I'm not going to be able to get to it for the rest of the morning.

"Okay so I met up with Ashton, you know the guy I met at the bar, right?" he asks making me nod my head.

I briefly remember Calum coming home one night with a guy who he claimed to be his "new best friend." Apparently Ashton had played a gig at the bar Calum was at and was unbelievable at drumming. He serves as a drummer for any band who needs one and will flip flop back and forth between bands and get paid off each set.

They spent the night talking about music and playing together lots of old songs I truly only thought Michael and Calum liked. He hasn't come over since, but this was only a week ago.

"Right," I say taking a sip from my coffee.

"So we went to the gym together this morning," he says running his hand through his sweaty curls. "And we were working our asses off, you know getting real big."

I nod my head, playfully rolling my eyes considering this is Calum we're talking about. He does this everyday.

"And he was like, you should come to one of my gigs one day. You know, put together something."

I shoot my eyebrows up considering Calum has always had a love for singing and playing the bass. His and Michael play together just for fun here and there but it never went beyond that.

"No way," I say in shock as I sip from my coffee again. "And you're going to do it?"

"I mean why the hell not?" he says loudly. "I've always talked about getting a group together or something."

I point at him and say, "That's true, you have always told me you wanted to do it."

"So this is my chance!" he says slamming his hands on the table making my mug stir and practically fall off. "Do you know how hard it is to find a drummer?"

I take my coffee off the table in fear of him knocking it off as I say, "I'm going to guess hard."

"Nearly impossible Adds," he says throwing his hands in the air.

I can't help but smile at his excitement as I say, "Well good, I'm happy for you. But if you're bringing in a new best friend to our lives, I think I need to meet him."

"He has a gig on friday night," he says making me shoot my eyebrows up. "Told me to come by and check it out and we could get some drinks after."

"Then count me in," I say placing a hand out for him.