Chapter 65: Le Désir (fb)

TW: alcohol usage

~Flashback, continued~

Third Person POV:

"Hey, babe," Deceit said to Virgil, popping up in his room (Un-Commons). Virgil turned around, smiling.
"I got you a rose," he said. Virgil gasped quietly.
"What's the occasion?" Virge asked.
"Just because," Deceit said, smirking.
"No seriously, why?" Virgil asked, chuckling slightly.
"Well... today is the anniversary of when you came back to us!"
"Hm?"
"Remember when you left to go be a main side, at 9?"
"Yeah," Virgil said.
"Well, when you came back 2 and a half years later, we were so happy. Then, you kept two lives, the others never finding out that you were originally a dark side, because if they did, you'd have no chance at becoming a main side whatsoever. You managed. Now you've come back more often, especially since we've been dating."
"Thomas is almost 18 and he still doesn't know about the sides of his personality... it's okay though. He'll know eventually," Virgil said.
Then, the two shared a kiss.

"I... love you," Virgil said to Deceit.
"That... that's the first time you ever said that to me," Deceit said.
"Yeah, well... um... I'm finally... comfortable," Virge replied, scratching the back of his neck anxiously.
"It's okay, I love you too," Deceit said, giving him a compassionate smile.

    Virgil conjured a vase to put the rose in. He put a little bit of water in the vase, then stuck the rose in it, smiling.
"Thank you," Virgil said.
"No, thank you, for being such an amazing person and boyfriend," Deceit said. Virgil blushed.
"You're t-too kind, Deceit," he said. Deceit smiled.
"Ethan"
"Hm?"
"My name is Ethan... but I'm hella embarrassed about it..." Ethan said, scratching his neck nervously.
"It's okay, it sounds good to me. It sounds normal, at least it's not my weird name..."
"You have a lovely name, Virgil Sanders."
"Eh... thank you..."

    Deceit hugged him, smiling, and Virge hugged back, a little insecure-feeling. They pulled away.
"I should go back, just in case, so they don't realize I'm gone... not like they'd care anyway..." Virgil said, mumbling the last part, Deceit not hearing.
"Oh okay, go ahead, honey. Love you, goodbye."
"...Y-you too... bye."

    He walked out, then sunk out and appeared in his Commons room. He went to his bathroom to touch up his makeup, then he fixed his bangs. He cleared his throat. He grabbed his headphones and plugged them into his phone. He turned on Panic! At the Disco, starting with "Introduction," that he never skips, like others would. He walked out of his room, looking down, with his phone in his pocket.

Virgil bumped into Roman, "HEY! Watch where you're going!!" Roman yelled.
"S-Sorry...." Virgil said, quickly pausing his music and taking off his headphones to rest them around his neck.
"You better be. Maybe if you didn't walk around with your eyes on the ground and your headphones blasting your hearing to smithereens, you would have been able to see me." Roman said, huffing at him afterwards. Roman then brushed his shirt off as if there was dust on it, then walked into his room and slammed the door.

Virgil/Anxiety's POV:

    I continued to play my music and look down, now even more anxious than I was before. I went downstairs into the kitchen to get a glass of water. I opened the cabinet, grabbed a glass, and started to fill it up with water. Then, I took a few swigs and poured the rest into the sink.
"Greetings Anxiety," Logic said to me as he walked in the room, but I felt like he said it with a bit of resentment laced in his voice. I just looked at him as my greeting. No smile, no words, too anxious. Then I opened the cabinet and poured a glass of wine.
"Why are you drinking at this hour?" Logic asked me.
"Because why not"
"Um, so you don't get too intoxicated and do something you'll regret, like hurting yourself or others."
"Eh, it makes me feel better."
"How???"
"Um, because it makes me forget some bad thoughts and makes me less insecure." Fuck it I'm taking the bottle upstairs. I walked out of the room quicker than Logic could try to respond.

    I went to my Commons room and took a few sips as I put my headphones back on and resumed to listen to music. I realized I left my door open. I got up to close it when I saw Creativity walking down the hall. I was getting a little tipsy, and I peered through my door. I don't know what I felt, whether it was to vomit (already?!) or what, but I've never felt this way before. It can't be love. I love Deceit... right?

I just closed the door and went to the bathroom to vomit if I need to. I'm coming to my senses, I guess.

Insanity/Vincent's POV:

Meanwhile in Insanity's room:

I wish I could just be happy sometimes... like I'm never sad necessarily. I guess. I don't know. I'm fucking insane, I'm the embodiment of Thomas's insanity. I don't know if I experience feelings correctly. But I sure as hell know that I'm into Deceit... somewhat. But he's into Anxiety, and Anxiety is into him. I'm not into Morality, Logic or Creativity. Just Deceit. Oh well, I don't want to ruin their happiness. They're happy with each other, and that's that. I don't want them to be sad by breaking them up for my happiness. That's selfish. Or is it? I'm a selfish person, this is my chance to change that... somewhat.

~End of Flashback... to be continued~