Chapter 42: Ethan and Vincent

TW: Heathers references and BMC references (Intentional as an author, but not as any of the sides), angst (also the references are only trigger warnings for people who hate Heathers and Be More Chill)

Virgil's POV:

"No, you're fine. I'm sorry" I said.
"No dude, don't apologize" Roman told me. I sighed. "Oh well, ok".

"I brought you a grape slushee" he told me. When does he know my favorite slushee flavor? Also, why is he bringing me a slushee in the first place? You don't deserve it anyway you fat fuck. I know that...

"Umm, why're you bringing me a slushee?" I asked. He used to be so rude to me. Deceit left me alone at a party for him. Now I know that Deceit truly did want to be my friend the first week I knew him all those years ago, then he took advantage of me. I was too much of a pussy to stand up to him, or to realize he was taking advantage of me. Then he started bullying me, and now I'm depressed and I cut, I starve myself, I make myself vomit and I put myself down 24/7. And, Roman was the person who started bullying me and making me depressed. He'd always show his hate towards me on camera, but it was way, way, worse off camera. With cussing, and physical violence, and verbal fights, it was crazy. He hated me, and now he's been treating me nice? Yeah, I'm hella confused too. Especially since he kissed me.

"I felt bad. Not that I'm pitying you, but I care for you Virge. I also just wanted to give you this before you go to bed. It is pretty late, haha," Roman said, smiling.
"Oh... thanks" I said, blushing a tiny bit and looking away. He set it down on my table and walked out my door.
"Goodnight" He said.
"Night" I replied. He smiled then closed the door, and I was left with my thoughts. I smiled to myself, then I grabbed the slushee and continued to suck until the pain of a brain freeze would take away some of my physical, mental, and emotional pain. Yep, haha; fighting pain with more pain.

Insanity's POV in the Uncommons:

I went to Deceit's room and knocked on his door.
"Yes, Insanity?" He said while opening his door.
"Do you wanna hang for a bit?" I asked.
"Yeah sure, why not" he said, opening the door wider for me to enter.

He shut the door, then I sat down crisscross applesauce on the floor. He did the same but across from me.
"What'd you want to talk about?" He asked me.
"I don't know... I feel like... Regina George from Mean Girls and talking to her 'girls'..." I admitted. Weird thought...
"Haha, no" he replied. I laughed.
"I'm kidding, I'm just bored. Now that Roman isn't bullying Virgil anymore, after they all accepted him..." I trailed off. Deceit gave me the look that means it's ok to continue. I gulped.

"Well, I think maybe Roman has a crush on Virgil and could never admit it to himself until after they all fully 'accepted' him," I said.
"It's true," he replied.
"Wait... it is?" I asked, surprised a little.
"Well, I'm always in Virgil's head to make him depressed and harm himself, but you haven't been in his head for the past week," Deceit said.
"Well, yeah, but I've been busy beating him," I replied.
"Yeah, but remember when you had to fake that 'standing-up-for-Virgil-to-make-him-trust-you-again' thing?" He asked. I nodded.
"And like I was being rude and you told me to shove off, but like, that was the plan," he continued. I nodded again.
"Yeah, well remember that that was also the day I asked you to help me make Virgil depressed as well?"
"Yes"
"Well, now that you're beating him, you don't exactly know what he thinks, since you're also not in his head helping me be his depression..."
"Are you complaining or something?" I asked. It was getting a little annoying that he kept dragging this along for this long.

"No, no. That's not it. It's that I was in Virgil's head, and he said no matter how much he wants Roman, that he can't bring himself to do it because he feels too awful about himself..." he trailed off again.
"And?" I said, waiting for him to continue.
"Roman kissed him, like today. A few hours ago," he said, sounding a little dejected.
"WHAT?!" I said, angry. Damn it, Deceit must hate this!
"Calm down, it's okay..." he said, looking away nervously.
"It's not okay, I know you love him. This is heartbreaking to see or hear, or whatever. It's painful," I said.
"Th-thanks..." he replied, looking at me anxiously.

    "Mind... telling me more..?" I asked.
"Y-yeah sure" he said.

    "So he pulled away from Roman when he kissed him, because he got too anxious, so he ran out, ran into his room, shut his door, and locked it," he said.
"This was today?" I asked.
"Yeah, it was when you two fought and shit"
"Oh, okay. Well then, haha"
"Yeah. He was watching Heathers with Roman. Roman used to never invite him to anything until they all accepted him. Now, Roman tries to hang out with him almost like 3 times a week or something..." he said, rolling his eyes.
"So... he does like Virgil?" I asked.
"Yes. They like each other but I believe Roman thought Virgil wouldn't and didn't like him back, and now he definitely doesn't because of Virgil pulling away. Virgil thinks Roman could like him back, but he's too embarrassed all because he pulled away, so now he thinks he hurt Roman and has no chance with him," he said, smirking.

"Oof," I said, smiling.
"He's now drinking a grape slushee that Roman gave him" he said, with his first 2 fingers on his temples and his eyes closed.
"Hmph. Ok" I said. He opened his eyes again and pulled his hands away.
"Yeah. He's also gonna try to go to bed soon, but he's also purposely giving himself brain freezes to get lost in the pain of a brain freeze to try to get away from his current physical, emotional and mental pain," he said.

"Oh. Well, don't worry Ethan. I don't think they'll get together anytime soon," I said.
"Vincent! I told you not to call me that!" He yelled at me, blushing a tiny bit.
"We're alone, dude. No one is gonna hear us," I said, laughing afterwards.
"That's true, but... ugh, nevermind" He said.
"Well, Virgil was embarrassed of his name because of us making fun of it, and he finally got the courage to tell the others his name recently..." I said, smiling.

    "You ain't conquering shit," Deceit said jokingly.
"I definitely will when Logan dies, but I have no plan of killing him. No use," I replied. My name does mean "to conquer" in Latin, and was popularized by the French...