Chapter 24: Old Friends

TW: SLAPPING
(A/N: Also btw the music is for background music.)

The next day...

Virgil's POV:

    Sure, they all now know my name, but I'm still not gonna let my full guard down. I'm not telling them my true favorite color or about Deceit. They haven't tried to include me in anything, they barely did before, but it is the morning and I'm up early. It's 5 am, and Deceit shook me awake to slap me. It still burns a little, but I'll be fine.
"You fatass!! They don't like you!" He yelled at me.
"Yes, they do!! They accept me!! They're treating me better!!" I yelled back.
"I can treat you better than they can!!" He yelled.
"Fine!! How?! Huh? How do you plan to treat me better?!!!" I yelled.
"You get in there, and cut. You puke. Remember your old best friend?" He said, his voice distorting.
"Wh-who's my s-supposed best f-friend??" I asked, mentally cursing myself for stuttering.

    "Insanity." He said.
"Insanity? You guys never even told me your names! How could I trust you both?" I yelled.
Then Insanity appeared.
"Don't worry, you can trust me. Deceit, get off."
"What?" Deceit said.
"Did I stutter? I said get off." He said. Whoa, he's standing up for me?

    "Fine" Deceit said.
"Good. Now apologize to Virgil"
"What? Why?!" Deceit yelled.
"Apologize, NOW"
"Fine..." He said. Then he turned to me, his eyes staring right into my soul.
"Sorry, Virge..." He said before he sank out.
"Okay, now that's over hehehehe, do you wanna watch a documentary about serial killers?" Insanity asked. He kinda has a little of that creepy Pennywise voice.
(A/N: Pennywise from the miniseries, at this time I don't think "It" 2017 came out yet)

    "Uh, sure...?" I accidentally posed it as a question at the end.
"What's wrong? Rather watch the Nightmare on Elm Street series?" He asked.
"No, I've already seen that with you a hundred times, back home. I like it, but I don't want to watch that right now."
"It?"
"No, already seen that. But I love it, still."
"Mkay... come to my room?"
"Sure why not..." I said.

    We sank out and appeared in the Dark Mind Palace. Or also known as, the Anti-Mind Palace.
"Whoa, home sweet home..." I mumbled.
"Yeppers, now, you first" he gestured for me to walk into his room first. It's his "uncommons" room. It's where Logan's would be.

    Well, it hasn't changed much since I was last here just about a decade ago.
"Well, it hasn't changed much" I admitted out loud.
"I'm not one for good or unnecessary change, hahahahaha"
"What's wrong with your voice?" I asked, nervous.
"Oh sorry. I was hinting that I make people go insane, or if I get fed into, by irritating or other things. So, therefore, I like the negative change, as in going crazy!" He exclaimed like an evil scientist.
"Mkay..." I said. I was still a bit suspicious though.

    Hold on a minute, is my room still the same?
"Wait, how'd you overcome Deceit? He's the leader of the Anti-Palace..." I said.
"Well, he knows about my power. Like you do too..." he stated.
"Oh... Ok then, but why doesn't he make you the leader?"
"He technically is a stronger part of Thomas, and plus, I don't want to lead. I'm glad I'm not, he's a perfect fit. I'm the weakest of you all."
"But you're kinda built," I said. I wasn't wrong, he's like 20% of John Cena's build. He has a 6-pack, like dude.

    "I meant like I'm the weakest at affecting Thomas. I can easily beat him up, I'm basically Thomas but more built."
"I know. You look like a muscular Thomas."
"It pays off when you have nothing to do..."
"What's that mean?"
"Insanity can start in prison. When I was in time-out a long time ago when we were kids, I'd work out because I wanted to break out. It was a prison cell, literally"
"Wait, you were locked up?"
"Yes. That's why you hardly saw me. Deceit is older than me, so he locked me up because at one point, he hated his purpose and wanted to protect Thomas. With good lies, like not telling someone something because it's embarrassing, but sometimes he'd accidentally lie and get him in trouble and he hated that"
"Oh..." I said.

    "So he blamed me for supposedly making him go insane and he locked me up."
"Okay, but I left at a young age."
"Yes, you cared for Thomas like no other of us could. We wanted you to become a main side, with the rest of them"
"But that led me to being the antagonist and the bad guy, making me hate myself..." I admitted.
"And Deceit was there for you because he cares. I do too, and I want to rekindle our friendship"
"Oh... okay. Sure. Yeah, I'd like that."
"Good."