Chapter 32: Pills and Lunacy

TW: the end of a panic attack
3rd Person POV:

    "R-Roman... I..." Patton stuttered through sobs. Roman gave Patton a death stare. He had never been that angry in front of any of the sides before. He went to cradle Virgil in his arms and he ran his fingers through his hair, calming him down, quietly shushing him.
"Shh, it'll be ok. You're ok, don't worry" Roman assured. Patton was sobbing silently, to not disturb Virgil. Logan came downstairs and was confused and extremely worried, so he stayed on the stairs silently, no one noticing he's there yet.

(A/N: lol this pic is Logan's mood rn:

Ok back to the story)

    "Umm... May I ask what... happened? Or is happen-ing..?" Logan said. Patton choked on that statement.
"Patton was causing Virgil to have a panic attack, and I'm calming him down." Roman replied. Roman looked at Virgil, and realized he was calm then looked back up at Logan.
"He's calm" Roman stated.
"Wait, how did Patton of all sides make Virgil have a panic attack?!" Logan said, gesturing to Patton then Virgil. Patton choked on that sentence too.

    "He was yelling and cussing at me and saying I was a liar and that he knows what I did and that Roman told him but I don't know what I did or what Roman told him so I panicked" Virgil said, sounding betrayed and broken.
"Roman, what did you tell him? And when does Patton cuss?!" Logan asked.
"I... cuss when I'm so angry at someone for breaking a promise or helping to break a promise. I'm not that... innocent, y'know" Patton admitted shyly, still on the floor and looking at the carpet.
"Well no shit Sherlock..." Virgil added.
"Sherlock?" Logan questioned, confused of why Virgil had mention Sherlock, one of his favorite people.
"It's a saying, Logic" Virgil added, sounding irritated, broken, and betrayed, not in the mood for "useless bullshit".

    "Wait, back to Roman. What did you tell Patton?" Logan said.
"I didn't say anything, I have no clue what's happening, besides Patton being furious at Virgil..." Roman replied.
"Well..? Can someone elaborate please?" Logan asked.
"Umm... I had a dream... then Roman talked to me in the hallway and made the dream true, or so I thought, now I'm regretting it. I'm sorry..." Patton said dejectedly and nervously.
"Mind elaborating on the dream?" Logan asked politely. Patton froze.

    Patton gave worried glances between Logan and Roman.
"Well?" Virge spoke up.
"Umm... Logan?" Patton said.
"Yes?"
"Can I speak with you in private?" Patton asked. Virgil sighed.
"Sure..." Logan replied, leading Patton upstairs.

    "So, you remember when you told me you'd promise that you'll date me when you're ready..?" Patton asked.
"Yes..."
"Well, in my dream, I witnessed you passionately making out with Roman, you were on top of him and you guys were both on the couch. I asked why you were doing this and I told you that you promised, and then you basically shoved it in my face and said that you don't care and are trying out Roman, then I got mad and slapped you, so you called Roman over help you beat me up so then you two cornered me but then I woke up before that happened..."
"Patton, that's not true. You know that. It was just a dream. Except, why did you get so aggravated at Virgil?" Logan asked.
"Well, when I woke up Roman told me that he was so happy that Virgil set you two up. He was right outside your room, and said he just had sex with you and that it was great... But he didn't sound like himself... he sounded off. Like as if he snapped, or went crazy. Then I went at Virge."
"Wait, he sounded crazy?" Logan asked worriedly.
"Yes, and he walked with his hands behind his back and reminded me of Count Olaf off of A Series of Unfortunate Events but not that dumb..."

"You know that the dark sides can disguise themselves as us, right?"
"Wait so who was that?" Patton asked, frowning worriedly.
"Well it surely wasn't Roman..."
"No dip, Sherlock"
"Uh... oh it's a saying..." Logan muttered to himself.
"Please don't start saying that" Logan said.
"Oh I wasn't, I just wanted to say it at least once, hehe", Patton said, smiling shyly.

    "So was it... Deceit? He has a pretty good impression of me..."
"That is because he is your dark opposite. I am your polar opposite. But otherwise, yes it was. Insanity would be too crazy or think too illogically" Logan explained.
"That... meanie!" Patton exclaimed, crossing his arms.
"We just heard you say worse words, so I don't understand how you think you can come back from that..." Logan suggested, smirking sarcastically and mischievously.
"Aww..." Patton pouted.
"It's okay, Patton. Let's go downstairs."
"Okay..." Patton said.

"So are you two lassies done chit-chatting?" Virgil asked, irritated. Logan looked at Virgil with embarrassment and a little disappointment.
"Umm... yes. I'm sorry Virgil, I was mad because Deceit had deceived me. He disguised himself as Roman and told me you did something so I got mad because my nightmare had become true..." Patton admitted, frowning.
"What?" Roman said.

Meanwhile (Thomas playing the video game was going on during this whole time, and he just stopped to go take a pill)...

Thomas got up from sitting on the couch and stomped into the kitchen.
"Dang it, Virgil, I'm trying to enjoy this game! I can't beat this level with you making me too scared. I'm sorry, but you'll understand." Thomas mumbled to himself, sighing as he opened the cabinet and grabbed the pill bottle and unscrewed the bottle.

He took a pill out and set it on the table. He grabbed a glass from the cabinet and filled it up with water.
"Here goes nothing..." He said, before taking a swig and dropping the pill in his mouth and swallowing.