Chapter 58: Confrontation

A/N: the song is for background music

TW: mentions of self harm and etc

3rd Person POV:

Patton was sitting on his bed in silence, looking as if he's on the verge of sobbing. He gets up and paces around his room quickly, worry lacing every step.
"Why? It... it doesn't make sense... why would he do that to himself?" Patton asked himself sadly.

Patton/Morality's POV:

How could Virgil do that to himself? I didn't know how... sad he was. How long has he been doing this? Hopefully not too long... WHAT IF HE... cut himself before we all accepted him and saved Thomas and stuff? Oh no. That makes sense. The others were so mean to him before. Oh my gosh, Virgil no! A tear slipped down my face as I sniffled and tried to hold in my cries. I'm taking a nap because I need to sleep this off, I need to prepare to talk to Virgil.

Virgil/Anxiety's POV:

I was uncontrollably sobbing, not caring how loud. I'm away from Roman. He was the source of most of my depression for a while, but he changed. Now he's the source of almost all of my happiness; he's gone now. I can't get him back. I can't see him unless it's a YouTube video. We can't interact with each other at all. I didn't even get a chance to talk to him about my cutting...

(A/N: ok sorry about the shitty writing, I have a bunch of writer's block right now bc I want to write a flashback chapter, yes a CHAPTER and I have barely anything to write right before I write the flashback chapter)

Logan doesn't even seem like himself. Why would he do this? What even is his plan for me and Roman? It seems like he has some sort of drive... like a drive to hurt me and Roman. But not any random drive, like as if he was... jealous? Or maybe pissed at us? This isn't fucking logical. It's the opposite of logical, actually. WAIT... opposite.... OPPOSITE! Insanity is Logan's opposite, meaning he has the ability to transform into him and act as him. Only the Dark Sides can do that... and your direct dark opposite can pretend to be you better than any other Dark Side can. Like Deceit will act as Patton the best, because they are direct dark-light opposites. [Not polar opposites.] Same with Insanity and Logan... and unfortunately, me and Roman. But if you know the Side well, you can tell when they're off. Usually if they do something unusual... like Logan separating me and Roman. That's unusual. It has to be Insanity. Logan wouldn't do that... would he? Shit I feel like I'm ranting to myself. You're so cringey, haha.

I have to tell Roman, and we have to get Logan back if it's truly Insanity. God I don't know what to do. I slowly stopped sobbing long enough to hear the silence. The dead silence that kills my ears. It's too quiet. I like the quiet sometimes, but this silence is unusual. I don't like it. It's making me uncomfortable.

    I jumped to a knock at the door, finally breaking the somewhat painful silence. I didn't get up, just stared at the door in fear, sitting on the floor against my bed, knees to my chest. They knocked again. I'm afraid of Insanity. That isn't Logan out there. I'm not answering.
"Virgil, I have a key. It's Patton" Patton? He sounds sad... is he okay?
"C-come in..." I said softly. I heard Patton put the key in and it click, him then turning the doorknob and it opened.
"Hey... kiddo" he said, sounding sad and smiling of pity. Then he shut the door and locked it, putting the key in his pocket. His eyes looked red, as if he was crying. I guess he's not good at hiding the fact that he's cried.

    "Hey... Patton" I said. He sat down on the floor right next to me. He sighed.
"How long?"
"How long... what..?" I asked.
"How long have you been.......?"
"Oh... well, r-remember when you all s-saw me having a panic attack for the first time?"
"...Yeah..?"
"Well, besides it being the first time you all saw that happen, I've been... c-cutting since a few weeks or so before that happened. I-I lost track..." I said, anxious and embarrassed.
"V-Virgil... was it... was it the others? Was it-it me?"
"God no, it wasn't you! I mean, most of it was Roman and a little bit Logan, but that was before we were dating. I've had a crush on Roman for a pretty long time. I'm glad we're dating now, but now I can never see him ever again".

    Patton didn't really say anything, just nodded as I talked. Then there was silence, and I looked away from Patton's eyes.
"Virgil, I know you're hiding something from me," Patton said. I still didn't look back at him.
"Virgil, what is it?" He asked. I still didn't look at him.
"Nothing"
"I don't think it's nothing," Patton said worriedly and a little sternly.
"It truly is nothing, I swear"
"May I... see your arms?" Patton asked, sounding sorry. I nodded barely, and rolled up my sleeves. I still didn't look at him, a tear rolling down my face.

    I clenched my eyes tight as he gently brushed his fingers across the cuts and scars.
"Virgil, I didn't realize how bad we had treated you," Patton said. I turned back around, tears in my eyes. Patton frowned with tears in his eyes, looking as if he was on the verge of sobbing.
"It's okay, Pat," I said, smiling sadly.
"Are any of these recent?" He asked.
"A few..."
"Are we still treating you awful..?" He asked. I just shook my head no. He rolled up the sleeve farther and saw more, gasping.
"I-I'm sorry..." I whispered, sniffling.
"It'll be okay Virgil. We all care about you..." Patton said, smiling sadly.

    "But... what are these..?" He asked, pointing to my bruises all over my arm, and belt buckle bruise-marks in a few places on both my arms. I was speechless.
"Virgil, there has to be something else going on," he insisted. I looked away.
"Who did this?" Patton asked, in his protective-dad-voice.
"I-I can't tell you..." I said.
"Yes you can, you can trust me"
"I know I can trust you but... I can't tell you. It's for your safety. And Roman's. And Logan's," I said. Speaking of Logan's safety...

    "What do you mean by our safety?" Patton asked.
"I don't want you all to get hurt..."
"Hurt?! Virgil, what is going on?!" Patton said, raising his voice, but not yelling.
"I'm sorry Patton, I can't tell you no matter how much I want to! I should but I shouldn't! I can't risk it I'm sorry!" I said, raising my shaky voice (not quite yelling either). I started to get angry, but not at Patton... Insanity.

    "I... I don't know what to do! I don't want you hurt," Patton said.
"Gosh, you sound just like Logan" I said, getting pissed at Insanity.
"What does that mean?"
"He exposed me to the fact that Roman and him knew about me cutting and made me look like a weak fool. His excuse was that he didn't want me dead or hurt and such. I know he was just trying to help, but... I wasn't ready. You sound just like him," I said.
"Please don't be mad at me," He asked quietly and sad-sounding.
"I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at... someone else..."
"Logan?"
"Not quite..."