Chapter 30: Lies and Distrust

"No, no, it's cool. Can we watch Coraline?" I asked politely, smirking happily.
"Sure, buddy. Sure" he said, smiling.

This'll be great! I thought.

Until it wasn't...
_______________________________
TW: A hard slap, a panic attack, mentions of a panic attack

(A/N: btw turn ur volume pretty low so u can focus on the story while having the song in the background)

Virgil's POV:

"Sure, buddy. Sure" he said, smiling. He got up and walked out my door. I got up and grabbed the disc and when I walked out, I put my hand on the doorframe and stood out my room, staring nervously, disc in left hand. He started to walk down the stairs and so I silently speed-walked to the stairs. I was about 6 feet behind him walking downstairs.

He sat down on the couch, and I put in the disc. I sat in my comfortable corner like last time, and curled in a ball. He scooted closer to me. I looked up at him and blushed. I looked away, back at the TV before he could notice. He probably thought nothing of scooting closer to me, though. He had a small smile on his face.

After a few minutes of small glances at Princey, his smile soon faltered naturally. He was actually... interested in Coraline this time?

Flashback~

Sometime after the "Losing Motivation" video...

Anxiety was walking downstairs. He stopped midway, hearing a conversation between Logan and Princey.
"I don't want to have a movie night with that Gothic Gina ruining it the whole time." Princey said.
"Indeed. I don't particularly like his negative attitude, but it would be impolite to not invite him" Logan said, adjusting his glasses. Anxiety had decided he'd go downstairs to interrupt the conversation.
"Hey..." He said.

Princey turned around and rolled his eyes.
"Oh great, what do you want?" He asked.
"I wanted to watch a movie. Can we watch Coraline?" Anxiety suggested shyly, brushing off Princey's rudeness. Morality walked downstairs.

"Why in the name of Zack and Cody would we want to watch a movie with you?" Princey asked dramatically.
"Ugh! Princey! Y'know you don't have to be so rude to Anxiety all the time!" Morality scolded, but still sounded a little childlike, like how he usually sounds.
"Ugh, fine. Let's watch it, whatever it's called..." Princey said, sitting down. Anxiety put in the disc and sat in his corner awkwardly. Logan sat down at the end of the right side of the couch, where he usually sits. Morality sat next to Anxiety, therefore leaving Princey in the middle.

Every so often, you'd hear Princey dramatically sigh at things throughout the movie, or he'd criticize why this or that happened, or "Why's her name Coraline and not Caroline?" And etc. Morality would always shush him either to be nice to Anxiety, or because he was actually interested in the movie and was getting mad at Princey.

Soon, Morality was mostly disturbed or creeped out by a few scenes, but when no one was looking, Anxiety would occasionally lip-sync a few lines he knew from the movie.

After about a half an hour into the movie, Princey stopped criticizing it. About an hour into the movie, Princey stopped the sighing, but kept a negative expression. He actually truly didn't mind the movie, he was just being dramatic.

After the movie had ended, Logan still had no expression, he didn't have one the whole time.
"Good sense of imagination and illogical whimsies, but otherwise the film is objectively very well-built" Logan stated, getting up. Anxiety smiled a tiny bit inside, but it instantly went away when Princey spoke up, "Well that was an awful movie. It didn't make any sense, and also why is there some creepy button-eyed lady in this apartment building who lives in another universe connected by a small door?!"
"It's just how the story was written, Princey. Calm down" Morality said.

Logan went to the stairs and adjusted his glasses. "I am going upstairs to my room to go into a natural periodic state of rest for the mind and body, in which the eyes usually close and consciousness is completely or partially lost, so that there is a decrease in bodily movement and responsiveness to external stimuli".
"You mean sleep?" Anxiety said.
"Indeed. Farewell" Logan replied, walking upstairs.
"Okay... well, that movie was a bit creepy but very interesting, Kiddo! I'm also gonna sleep. Goodnight everyone!" Morality said, smiling and walking upstairs.

After they were all gone, Anxiety got up and put his hands into his pockets and was heading for the stairs when Prince stepped in front of him.
"If you ever ruin movie night like that again, that'll be the last time you even have a movie night with us." Princey threatened.
Anxiety looked up at him, panic rising. He tried to play it off.

"How did I ruin it? You were the one being all dramatic and rude throughout most of the movie..." Anxiety said with his monotone attitude. Prince slapped him, hard.
"Be quiet you disorder, before I force the idea of taking those Anxiety pills into Thomas's head, that he refuses to take, even though we all know he should"
Anxiety nodded anxiously, but didn't show he was anxious, besides his eyes. He quickly speed-walked to get the disc and went upstairs, feeling a major panic attack coming. Prince smiled to himself at Anxiety leaving the room, while Anxiety had a major panic attack alone in his room, with the door locked.

End of Flashback~

Virgil's POV:

15 minutes into the movie, Roman had to use the bathroom, so I paused it and started to look at my nails, as my sleeves were practically already covering my hands. Should I paint my nails..?
Patton ran downstairs about 5 minutes later with his face red.
"VIRGIL, WHAT THE HELL?!!" He yelled. What?! Fuck! He knows I fucking hate it when people yell at me!! It gives me anxiety, and it usually causes me to have a damn panic attack!!! Also, why's he cussing??!!

"W-what? W-what'd I do..?" I stuttered, partially backing away into the couch, knowing I couldn't go anywhere, but somehow still felt like I could, and had to. He stomped over to me.
"WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THIS? YOU'RE A LIAR!!" He yelled.
"W-what...?!"
"I KNOW WHAT YOU DID. WE ALL DO. ROMAN TOLD ME"
"Seriously, Dad, I d-don't know what you're t-talking a-about" I pleaded.
"DO NOT CALL ME 'Dad'. YES. YOU. DO KNOW."

I couldn't reply. I was losing air, the panic rising. The panic was wrapping its cold hands around my neck and squeezing tighter by each dreadful second.
"I ALREADY TOLD INSANITY WHAT YOUR CONSEQUENCES ARE" he continued. Next thing you know, I was shaking.
"Oh my gosh, Virgil, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to–" Patton stopped himself. Patton was crying now. "Nooooo, I regret EVERYTHING I just said, shoot, NO NO NO NO!"

3rd Person POV:

Roman walked out of the bathroom and ran downstairs to see Virgil on the couch cradling himself and shaking, lying on his side.

"What. The. Hell. Is. Going. On?" He said deeply and monotone, like an evil Virgil-Deceit mix.